Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: And so it begins - trio vibes, please,

Warren Scout

I made an executive decision, and removed William. For some, it might've been too soon, but 6 hours of nothing but antagonism in progressively smaller spaces wasn't doing anyone any good.

The remaining 2 have been together for an hour, and the relief is palpable. Jack is still very wary - he's started to move around a little, but still hops away, but when Henry comes over to him they'll both sit peaceably. They've both eaten and drank, Henry puts his head under Jack's to be groomed, but I don't think he knows what to do!

When Henry reaches out to sniff Jack's nose, he bounds away. Poor lad is too used to being bitten, I imagine it'll take a while for trust to be regained.
    Last edited by capable; 13-05-2018 at 05:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by capable View Post
    I made an executive decision, and removed William. For some, it might've been too soon, but 6 hours of nothing but antagonism in progressively smaller spaces wasn't doing anyone any good.

The remaining 2 have been together for an hour, and the relief is palpable. Jack is still very wary - he's started to move around a little, but still hops away, but when Henry comes over to him they'll both sit peaceably. They've both eaten and drank, Henry puts his head under Jack's to be groomed, but I don't think he knows what to do!

When Henry reaches out to sniff Jack's nose, he bounds away. Poor lad is too used to being bitten, I imagine it'll take a while for trust to be regained.
    hi there - stressful isnít it the whole bonding thing! I am going to have another go at bonding my 2 Male/female bonded pairs. What are you going to do with William now? How are the other 2 now getting on?

Warren Scout

They're doing well so far, Henry has had a few more humps, but nothing overly manic. They're not snuggly, and no one has been groomed, but it's peaceable. I'm going to start to expand the space back to the original pen size.

Good luck with your pairs!

It's really difficult when they fight and you don't know how long to carry on with it.

You can only trust your instincts on this one ... Loads of good vibes

Warren Scout

Thank you MightyMax. I'm not giving up on William by any stretch, but I think he needs a very specific type of partner.

Jack and Henry have had a good night. When I left them, they had the full space of the 4x4 pen - neither was seeking the other out to sit with, but they were both happy enough to be hopping around and eating, and both flopped (Henry) and loafed (Jack) at respective sides of the pen.

Breakfast stirred them up a little, I scatter fed lots of pellets but Henry would rather have humped Jack to try and stop him eating, rather than eat his own share himself I've still not seen any nipping or fur pulling, which I think is a good sign. Jack still runs in expectation of being nipped if Henry approaches his face, but doesn't resist or run away if Henry humps him.

I hadn't realised how much hay we'd be getting through! I'm going to have to nip out for a while and stock up.

Thank you MightyMax. I'm not giving up on William by any stretch, but I think he needs a very specific type of partner.

Jack and Henry have had a good night. When I left them, they had the full space of the 4x4 pen - neither was seeking the other out to sit with, but they were both happy enough to be hopping around and eating, and both flopped (Henry) and loafed (Jack) at respective sides of the pen.

Breakfast stirred them up a little, I scatter fed lots of pellets but Henry would rather have humped Jack to try and stop him eating, rather than eat his own share himself I've still not seen any nipping or fur pulling, which I think is a good sign. Jack still runs in expectation of being nipped if Henry approaches his face, but doesn't resist or run away if Henry humps him.

I hadn't realised how much hay we'd be getting through! I'm going to have to nip out for a while and stock up.

Are they eating it all or throwing it around, peeing on it etc ..

Warren Scout

Everyone is still subdued today. I’m keeping a close eye on Henry - he didn’t show any interest in their morning pellets, which is very out of character. He keeps trying to get comfy in 1 corner, getting up, grooming, repositioning and lying back down again.

Once I’m sure they’re both eating ok, I’ll turn my attention to their new accommodation.

They’ll be living outside, alongside William’s set up. I wonder how much of a ruckus this will cause?

Warren Scout

Henry and Jack are still getting on splendidly. They're both so low-drama, neither one rocks the boat, they just mooch along happily.

They're outside now, currently in Jack's neutralised hutch/run while I get the new run and playhouse attached together. This is Henry's first time being back outside since I caught him straying in a carpark back in January. He's very skittish, poor lad, and has a massive disliking for my cat and my dog, but Jack and William are both unfazed so I'm hoping Henry settles.

Wise Old Thumper

I'm pleased you've got a happy pair and you're going to look for a friend for the single. It's probably better than trying to force something which won't work. Perhaps he has had a bad experience with dogs and cats before you found him.

Henry and Jack are still getting on splendidly. They're both so low-drama, neither one rocks the boat, they just mooch along happily.

They're outside now, currently in Jack's neutralised hutch/run while I get the new run and playhouse attached together. This is Henry's first time being back outside since I caught him straying in a carpark back in January. He's very skittish, poor lad, and has a massive disliking for my cat and my dog, but Jack and William are both unfazed so I'm hoping Henry settles.

Good news about Henry and Jack

I love those males that mooch along together in their bromance