Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Suggestions instead of straw bedding.

Good old vinegar and water. Works a treat.

My four have newspaper and hay in their litter trays and a magazine rack for extra hay (stalky timothy hay)

New Kit

It's amazing what I've learnt in just the past few wks. Every spare min I have I'm reading something rabbit related lol. Rex is that a breed?
    Does anyone have pics of their rabbit homes? As would love to see them

New Kit

What do you use for where your bunnies sleep? Please can I see a pic of the full set up you have for your bunnies?

Mama Doe Scrappy's Little Helper's Avatar

Hello and welcome to the forum!

My two bunnies have full free range of my flat and generally sleep out on rugs in the living room. They also have a couple of hides they can go and sleep in when they want. This first one is in the living room and is from Manor Pet Housing. This one is the bunny manor and is quite large. They do other hides of different shapes and sizes.

There is also a smaller one for them in the bedroom. This is from Small Paws Playtime. Again they do lots of different hides of all shapes and sizes.

There's nothing in the hides other than rugs to sleep on.

There can be quite a long wait time for both these companies, about 1 to 2 months as they make the hides to order. The Hay Experts also do little hides. The choice is much more limited but you would get them more quickly (usually a couple of days).

The Hay Experts is well worth looking at generally. A lot of us on here buy from there regularly. It's a good place for hay and dried grass, dried forage, healthy bunny treats and toys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    [IMG][/IMG]

Bunnies: Snoopy and Chocolate Fudge Cake

At the Bridge: Scrappy My bunny mentor and the beautiful girl who introduced me to the wonderful world of rabbits

Peanut Butter My cheeky boy who came so far in learning to love and trust humans. If only you could have stayed a bit longer

Hi Welcome to the forum

It's definitely not unmessy, but I use Fitch paper bedding https://www.fitchrecycling.co.uk/fit...r/bedding.html for litter trays and bedding. I can't recommend it enough, it's very soft and absorbant.

Good luck with your new bun x

**created by my DD Lionheadlop**

Mama Doe

Lots of us use an underbed storage box as a giant litter tray. The hay has more chance of staying in it, especially if you use a large cardboard box over one end to form a shelter.

My four sleep in their lino lined shed. They lie in their litter trays (32 litre underbed storage boxes full of newspapaper and hay) or under pine shelves directly on the floor.

Any soft things (rugs or fabric of any kind) get wee'd on and chewed.

Wise Old Thumper

There are lots of examples of indoor and outdoor accommodation in the Housing Section

New Kit

Thanks I'll have a look. Just anxious that I'm giving Dobby the best home. Thanks for the advice.
    Quote Originally Posted by tonibun View Post
    There are lots of examples of indoor and outdoor accommodation in the Housing Section
    Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Most rabbits naturally use one corner of their cage for most of their wee's/poos, I would definitely put a tray in his chosen spot and get him used to the idea of sitting in it when he needs the toilet. Young rabbits and unfixed rabbits are very likely to have accidents, so don't be surprised if he wee's outside of his tray (the sofa used to be my boys favourite pee spot ). Rabbits also mark their territory by leaving lots of little poops around, especially when unfixed or someplace new, but again this will settle down. Right now I'd say my rabbits do all their wee's in their litter tray, 95% of their poos in the tray, 4% dotted around the rest of the cage and then the other 1% when they're out in the room. Also my rabbits associate hay with toilet so will wee wherever there is hay. I used to use those hay racks that go on the outside of the cage, but then when they were out in the living room they could get to the hay from the outside of their cage, make a mess and then wee on it, so now hay is strictly in the litter tray or in a rack right above it
    Elmo and Cookie the Thrianta brothers ♥
    Princess the Lionlop