Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Has anyone experience of a rabbit with a blood glucose reading of as low as 1.5?

Default Has anyone experience of a rabbit with a blood glucose reading of as low as 1.5?

I'd be grateful for any input or insight as to diagnosis/diagnostics/prognosis/outcome etc.

Vet (not rabbit savvy and rather useless) gave an extremely poor prognosis, which I accepted at the time but I'm now questioning. I'm just gathering information before coming up with another plan.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Bunny Buddy; 13-05-2018 at 09:13 PM.
    My heart is in a thousand pieces for my soulmate stopped running today (22.05.13)

Sorry to hear you've a sick bunny BB. I've no experience to impart but I'd be erring on trusting your instinct over a useless vet. I honestly just thought really low blood glucose was severe anorexia & would have assumed if you could get bunny eating again prognosis (based on BG alone) would be better. Lots of vibes for bunny & you x

Thanks. I'm wondering too about that being the cause. I'm wondering about doing a blood glucose myself if I can get to Lloyds for a monitor (the one I have has strips about 2 years our of date). I've never managed it before but knowing the reading would mean a lot to me. Plan B is to get S to check on Monday.
    My heart is in a thousand pieces for my soulmate stopped running today (22.05.13)

I am really sorry that you have yet more worries BB

I have heard of hypoglycaemia in cases of Insulinomas. These are not at all common in Rabbits but they are in Ferrets apparently

https://en.wikivet.net/Insulinoma

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...ght=insulinoma

https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=...rabbit&f=false

A Rabbit Savvy small animal Veterinary Surgery in Twickenham, SW London
    https://www.twickenhamvets.com/

Thanks Jane. Will read more thoroughly later but the thread Marie Kubiak posted on makes me feel more positive. My girl is too precious just to give up on.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny Buddy View Post
    Thanks Jane. Will read more thoroughly later but the thread Marie Kubiak posted on makes me feel more positive. My girl is too precious just to give up on.
    I know that you always do everything possible for your Rabbits. Sending lots of vibes xx

A Rabbit Savvy small animal Veterinary Surgery in Twickenham, SW London
    https://www.twickenhamvets.com/

Sending lots of vibes for her xx

Binky free at the bridge Boots, you will never be forgotten xxxx
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

Thanks. I've just realised Rudy one weekend had a speculative diagnosis of liver tumour and a very poor prognosis and he went on to live another 3.5 year... he didn't have a liver tumour but had a probable liver torsion. So, yeah, maybe this is transient and given how much energy she put into escaping the burrito at feed time *maybe* she's feeling a bit better today.
    Last edited by Bunny Buddy; 13-05-2018 at 03:25 PM.

Dinky is very poorly today

Her blood glucose reading is 2.6 today and the probable diagnosis stands but she is otherwise very ill and fighting for her life... at the moment I am fighting with her.

She's gone.

I have just lost my best friend