Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Confused with thumping

My female thumps and grunts randomly, I usually can’t see any reason for it - I have to assume she’s seen something in the garden through the patio doors or maybe she’s just being moody she seems to do the grunt as a warning on its own sometimes eg if she is annoyed with one of the boys.

My bridge pair were house rabbits.Rio,the boy would at times thump,pretty hard too.His wife bun Cleo would instantly go on alert and run to his side.This was usually in the living room,I assumed he heard something outside,they would be lying on the carpet.I never heard anything.Foxes ,cats etc,even mice make high pitched noises we can't hear.Rabbits don't have those big lugs for nothing.

Some of my buns thump when they hear me coming because they know this usually means food . But at others times can be because they are on alert about something or even once I managed to set two off because I went back to their house a second time because I'd forgotten something.

Also, some of them will dive into their food the second its put down, but other won't touch it until I've gone (but if I secretly look in the window they are eating and it's always all gone by morning) x

**created by my DD Lionheadlop**

Mine will often thump at night. We have foxes in the fields behind us so I presume it is a reaction to them. Our dogs often bark when they hear the rabbits thumping.

My Baxter loves one of my cats and will be groomed by him and snuggle him during floor time. If the cat sits outside his pen, Baxter will run in circles and thump in front of him. I assume he's excited and wants to be let out.

Warren Scout

Until we had Willow I thought rabbits were practically silent but she's quite vocal. She produces a whole spectrum of grunts. Warning grunts, greeting grunts, angry grunts, happy grunts.

Teddy and Pepper eat pellets at certain times (7.30am and 7.30pm) but occasionally he waits a little bit as he likes to eat at the same time as me (weird little cutie, he is).

Bella & Bertie donít like me to watch them eat breakfast and dinner, so theyíll wait until Iím gone.

They all tuck into greens pretty much as soon as they are served

Little Pepper Bun is a grunter - she grunts A L L the time, wether happy or unhappy

Thumping worries me as they usually do it if something scares them.

Over time you get to know their personalities, likes and dislikes, and it becomes easier to read them x