• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Run seems rather large...

Leannean27

Alpha Buck
https://photos.app.goo.gl/8niqFXQrbc6LmFYv2

So me and sister have put run together (8ft x 6ft x 3ft) and it looks rather large. Hubby will be home soon and he's going to go mental. The hutch next to it is 5ft long by 3ft deep, can I put this in the run (removing one of the lids will enable this) or does it have to be outside due to this being 'minimum' size?

I don't know anything but I love your large run and would have loved to have that for my bunnies when I had them.

It looks like a fantastic space for them. If you don’t plan to move it you could strengthen the run underneath and mount the hutch on top (making cleaning out really accessible for you as it’s then high up) and they’ll get a covered area. add a runaround tunnel (or make a hole and a ramp...) for access. Keeping the same run space.

I’d love this setup too :-D

The hutch is almost 6ft tall and weighs a tonne so wouldn't be possible to put it on top of anything. I've pushed hutch and small run next to larger run, the idea was going to be to open the mesh up so they could run between the small and large run and also put a runaround tunnel from hutch to large run (though I may scrap the tunnel idea now) as I thought - hubby went mad, saying it's ridiculously big and isn't staying there. Going to ride it out, he'll come around. I hope!

If its any help at all... 8ft x 6ft is actually the recommended size so you could show him the RWAF and say you're just following rules ;)
Its awesome and looks really nice & tidy.

I've tried telling him, I guess he's a bit old school. I reminded him about the goldfish incident where we bought a bigger tank just to house 1 goldfish because we found out the hard way the other was too small. He brings up he doesn't know anyone with a run etc this big - just wish I knew someone who gave their buns the correct amount of room. Only 1 of my friends had a rabbit who lives in an indoor hutch atm and she's not the best owner in the world

I've tried telling him, I guess he's a bit old school. I reminded him about the goldfish incident where we bought a bigger tank just to house 1 goldfish because we found out the hard way the other was too small. He brings up he doesn't know anyone with a run etc this big - just wish I knew someone who gave their buns the correct amount of room. Only 1 of my friends had a rabbit who lives in an indoor hutch atm and she's not the best owner in the world
Mine have their own bedroom... 120sqft all to themselves + the rest of the house too.
I'm not exactly a crazy bunny owner either.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

It's great and as DP says is actually the recommended size. We have something similar, just not as tall. I think your idea of linking the two is a good one.

Maybe when your dh sees the rabbits enjoying the space he might feel differently x

What a wonderful run. Where is it from? I would love one like that.

Hope your husband comes round.

I got it from runabout runs in the end it was 255 delivered within 10 days too. I wish it was shorter in height but requirements said 3ft so 3ft it is. I’ve just gotta stain it same colour as hutch now! Yeah I know, I can imagine our kid and nieces and nephews and even us sat in it without having to babysit them so to speak, once painted and some planting/ climbers and buns put in there I’m sure it won’t look so big :shock:

Mine have their own bedroom... 120sqft all to themselves + the rest of the house too.
I'm not exactly a crazy bunny owner either.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk
Tell him I moved out of my master bedroom and now I am sleeping on a matress on the floor in the spare bedroom. I also have a rabbit living in there with me too. Also three bales of timothy hay.co.uk. I used to have a lovely cream and white bedroom with a brand new carpet...Toby wants, Toby gets
acf2b0fb30c57487f613209b1e81d051.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

I got it from runabout runs in the end it was 255 delivered within 10 days too. I wish it was shorter in height but requirements said 3ft so 3ft it is. I’ve just gotta stain it same colour as hutch now! Yeah I know, I can imagine our kid and nieces and nephews and even us sat in it without having to babysit them so to speak, once painted and some planting/ climbers and buns put in there I’m sure it won’t look so big :shock:
I think you have a good set up especially if your adding the run around. Is your fence silver copse? I painted my fence that colour and was suprised how dark it dried!

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

He liked the pic of Toby but said we’re not having bales of hay in our house like that :lol:. I think he’s come around to it now, even asked if we can move it to another part of the garden as it would give them some more shade etc today whilst I was painting it so feeling a lot better now, Ralph checked it out earlier and did loads of binkies which he can’t really do in the house cuz of slippy floor

Fence is silver copse yes. I quite like the colour but yes did go on a lot lighter!

He liked the pic of Toby but said we’re not having bales of hay in our house like that :lol:. I think he’s come around to it now, even asked if we can move it to another part of the garden as it would give them some more shade etc today whilst I was painting it so feeling a lot better now, Ralph checked it out earlier and did loads of binkies which he can’t really do in the house cuz of slippy floor

Fence is silver copse yes. I quite like the colour but yes did go on a lot lighter!

Ah see ;) x

This is literally the funniest picture I've ever seen of a rabbit. He is soo cute lounging out like that.
That run is lovely but I can see what you mean about it being a little large haha. I wish I had one like that.

Back