• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Sneezing and wheezing

Graciee

Staff member
So Atticus is sneezing, and wheezing.. Clementine might be wheezing a little or I'm just paranoid now.. Seeing William in the morning. They both seem okay in themselves. I've been changing their litter tray every few hours because I'm truly terrified ones going to just stop pooping and die. They've had far too many treats just so I can be sure they're still interested in food, selfish again a would probably make things worse for them idk. They've had a run round the garden too, and seemed fine. But again last time the rabbit was dead 24 hours later.

Hoping it's nothing serious, there's no discharge from eyes or nose currently - I'm convinced I've lost it, feel like either time will help or I'm just going to live out the rest of their lives in pure fear.

Sorry I never really write posts like this. I'm just so scared and I don't think I can take any more serious bunny issues which isn't fair on them because that seems to be the unlucky pet reality I live in :(

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Sending you lots of hugs and lots of vibes for gorgeous Atticus and Clementine. I hope that William can put your mind at rest tomorrow. No discharge is definitely a good sign.

this must be really scary for you, especially in light of your recent sad experience. They are in expert caring hands now & will be in excellent medical hands tomorrow. The same symptoms can mean a million different things & on top of that each bunny is so different. I hope you get reassurance tomorrow xx

Sending lots of calming vibes xx I hope the appointment tomorrow can put your mind at rest xx

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Thanks everyone, you are all so lovely :)

It's hopefully nothing serious, I'm just so on edge after Fleur and still not really knowing what happened there :(

Thank you for all the kind words and vibes they help xx

Oh flippin' 'eck Rabbits really can rank up our stress levels at times cant they. It's wise to get William to check them both over,I doubt that it is anything too serious.

One thing I will say is that this year seasonal allergens appear to have gone into overdrive. It could be that A & C are being effected by that. I know I am not a Rabbit (at least I dont think I am .....:? ) but for the first time in well over a decade I have major hayfever again, as does my friend's hubby who has not suffered so badly since he was a kid over 50 years ago !

Morse (my dog) was on a sneeze fest yesterday after walking in a local park where the grass was being cut.

What all that rambling is meant to try to do is lessen your anxiety about A & C being poorly, it could be allergy related rather than anything else. Sending vibes for them xx

So Atticus is sneezing, and wheezing.. Clementine might be wheezing a little or I'm just paranoid now.. Seeing William in the morning. They both seem okay in themselves. I've been changing their litter tray every few hours because I'm truly terrified ones going to just stop pooping and die. They've had far too many treats just so I can be sure they're still interested in food, selfish again a would probably make things worse for them idk. They've had a run round the garden too, and seemed fine. But again last time the rabbit was dead 24 hours later.

Hoping it's nothing serious, there's no discharge from eyes or nose currently - I'm convinced I've lost it, feel like either time will help or I'm just going to live out the rest of their lives in pure fear.

Sorry I never really write posts like this. I'm just so scared and I don't think I can take any more serious bunny issues which isn't fair on them because that seems to be the unlucky pet reality I live in :(

I know the feeling you express, and email me Grace if you want to. Hugs xx

Good luck for this morning with William :)

Oh flippin' 'eck Rabbits really can rank up our stress levels at times cant they. It's wise to get William to check them both over,I doubt that it is anything too serious.

One thing I will say is that this year seasonal allergens appear to have gone into overdrive. It could be that A & C are being effected by that. I know I am not a Rabbit (at least I dont think I am .....:? ) but for the first time in well over a decade I have major hayfever again, as does my friend's hubby who has not suffered so badly since he was a kid over 50 years ago !

Morse (my dog) was on a sneeze fest yesterday after walking in a local park where the grass was being cut.

What all that rambling is meant to try to do is lessen your anxiety about A & C being poorly, it could be allergy related rather than anything else. Sending vibes for them xx
You're bang on :) William thinks it's allergies and says they look completely healthy no signs of discharge or anything, he also listened to their chests - so he's given me the dose of piriton to give them both to help them.

I mentioned about Atticus and his messy bum and I was worried about fly strike etc, and he suggested some spray called F10 as opposed to rearguard as its nicer to apply - any one used this?

Thanks everyone for your support I really appreciate it and I feel a lot better since seeing William. Hopefully I can just keep going, stop panicking and just pray everything will be fine :) xx

You're bang on :) William thinks it's allergies and says they look completely healthy no signs of discharge or anything, he also listened to their chests - so he's given me the dose of piriton to give them both to help them.

I mentioned about Atticus and his messy bum and I was worried about fly strike etc, and he suggested some spray called F10 as opposed to rearguard as its nicer to apply - any one used this?

Thanks everyone for your support I really appreciate it and I feel a lot better since seeing William. Hopefully I can just keep going, stop panicking and just pray everything will be fine :) xx

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaachooooooooooooooo !! *sniff sniff, wheeze, wheeze*

I doe exactly how A & C feel with regards to having a sneezy wheezy dose..........*more sniffs* !!

So relieved to hear that the gorgeous Rex couple have been deemed to be OK by William.

I have not used F10 as a Flystrike prevention, I think 'Shimmer' does so hopefully she'll see this thread. Or you could PM her, I doubt she'd mind :)

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaachooooooooooooooo !! *sniff sniff, wheeze, wheeze*

I doe exactly how A & C feel with regards to having a sneezy wheezy dose..........*more sniffs* !!

So relieved to hear that the gorgeous Rex couple have been deemed to be OK by William.

I have not used F10 as a Flystrike prevention, I think 'Shimmer' does so hopefully she'll see this thread. Or you could PM her, I doubt she'd mind :)

[emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38] Actually my hayfever has been worse recently... [emoji38]

Oo thanks I will :)

I'm so glad that William has pronounced on your two beauties :D

I hope the Piriton helps :)

Regarding F10, I have seen so many rabbits get a skin 'burn' from using this that I wouldn't recommend personally. But there will always be differing opinions and experiences, so you have to make your own mind up about that :thumb:

I'm so glad that William has pronounced on your two beauties :D

I hope the Piriton helps :)

Regarding F10, I have seen so many rabbits get a skin 'burn' from using this that I wouldn't recommend personally. But there will always be differing opinions and experiences, so you have to make your own mind up about that :thumb:

Yea, I've never used anything before for bunnies, never had any issues - but considering the state Atticus gets in down there and he's spending more and more time outside, seems like I don't really have a choice but to use something like that just on him. William actually looked at someone who had wrote a post on here warning people not to use it - but the post said they'd used it daily instead of once a week? Idk he said once a week it should be okay. Don't like using chemicals on them, especially ones they'll ingest but feel like I don't really have a choice..

Yea, I've never used anything before for bunnies, never had any issues - but considering the state Atticus gets in down there and he's spending more and more time outside, seems like I don't really have a choice but to use something like that just on him. William actually looked at someone who had wrote a post on here warning people not to use it - but the post said they'd used it daily instead of once a week? Idk he said once a week it should be okay. Don't like using chemicals on them, especially ones they'll ingest but feel like I don't really have a choice..

Would once a week be really enough to keep flystrike at bay? He would groom it away within that time surely?

It is weekly when used as a Flystrike prevention

Dosage and administration
Use only as directed. It is good practice to wear gloves during application. Remove all organic material and clean the wound using a 1:250 concentration of F10® Antiseptic Solution (Concentrate). Spray over the site (maximum of 5 applications per animal with multiple wounds, 1 - 2 trigger pulls (1 - 2ml) per wound) and leave to dry. Repeat as necessary. The product may also be applied weekly in the same manner to prevent fly strike and tick bites[.

http://www.noahcompendium.co.uk/?id=-452557

Would once a week be really enough to keep flystrike at bay? He would groom it away within that time surely?
Yea as Jane's posted ^ apparently once a week is all that's needed for fly strike prevention - must do more than just sit on the skin I'm guessing? I'll have to have a big Google later before I order - been at my house with Thames water still trying to sort drains out D: it's never endingggg

Yea as Jane's posted ^ apparently once a week is all that's needed for fly strike prevention - must do more than just sit on the skin I'm guessing? I'll have to have a big Google later before I order - been at my house with Thames water still trying to sort drains out D: it's never endingggg

General prevention of flystrike: F10 Germicidal Wound Spray with Insecticide can be used on a regular basis to help prevent flystrike and the spread of myxomatosis by deterring flies, fleas and other biting insects. Just apply weekly to the rear end of the animal or any areas of specific concern. For pets where the risk of flystrike is high or those who regualrly bathe then reapplication daily may be more appropriate.

I was thinking of your specific issues, and perhaps doing it more frequently.

Obviously take William's advice :thumb:

Sorry to hear about your drains!!!!!!

General prevention of flystrike: F10 Germicidal Wound Spray with Insecticide can be used on a regular basis to help prevent flystrike and the spread of myxomatosis by deterring flies, fleas and other biting insects. Just apply weekly to the rear end of the animal or any areas of specific concern. For pets where the risk of flystrike is high or those who regualrly bathe then reapplication daily may be more appropriate.

I was thinking of your specific issues, and perhaps doing it more frequently.

Obviously take William's advice :thumb:

Sorry to hear about your drains!!!!!!

Yeaaa, i'm really not sure about it all - William reckoned once a week would be enough - reapply if he got wet though. I might start a thread on it, get some opinions. I've read basically all old threads on it, but would be nice to find some more recent opinions.

Also says like dangerous if ingested.. but he's going to groom the area.. i dont get this.. and it scares me honestly

Back