• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Your advice needed please

bridget

Alpha Buck
Feeling really confused - I am hoping you lovely people can help.

One of my sweet little girls passed away this morning - I am heartbroken. I am concerned for the little lady who is left alone - they were like peas in a pod - no matter where they were in the garden (they have the run of the whole garden and two massive hutches (more like sheds)) they were side by side. Now she is all alone :cry:

We go on holiday in about 3 weeks for 2 weeks. I had arranged to get one of their hutches set up with a large run at my parents'. Now, do I wait until we return from holiday about getting another chum for her or do I do it now and try and get them bonded before leaving?

I am at a loss as to what to do for the best.

Marilyn seems okay, but you just never know with rabbits... she is eating but has spent most of the day asleep.

Thanks for reading, any advice welcome - thank you x

I am very sorry you have lost one of your rabbits. I would be inclined to say wait until you come back off holiday then go about finding another friend. Were they sisters? 2 females are usually the hardest to bond so a neutered male would possibly be the best option. If you had a rescue nearby which had a neutered buck they might take your female for the 2 weeks you are away and bond them for you. Just a thought.

I'm so sorry you lost your bunny. I think I'd do as Tonibun suggests & get a rescue to bond for you, otherwise wait til you're back in case it isn't an easy bond. Of course you can start looking at rescues sooner so that everything is set up & ready for your return. Good luck in whatever you decide.

Last edited:
That’s great advice - thank you both so much. We used to go to Celia at Kirkby Pet Welfare but i think theyve has closed down? I will have a look online at rescues, thanks again.

No, they werent sisters but have been together for about 3 years. Both rescues x

I am so sorry you have lost one of your pair of girls. You have already been given good advice re bonding etc. Do you know what happened - I mean was it likely to have been something that could affect your remaining rabbit (hate asking).

I am so sorry you have lost one of your pair of girls. You have already been given good advice re bonding etc. Do you know what happened - I mean was it likely to have been something that could affect your remaining rabbit (hate asking).

No I dont think so. She was almost 10, she was fine last night but i went out about 6am and she just wasnt her normal self. I offered her a small piece of apple that she ate and was also toileting fine. I went out to check on her again and she was laying on her side, her breathing slow. It was over in a minute, like she almost had a seizure, she let out a little cry and was gone. I have been a mess all day - good job i work from home... boyfriend made her a little box and will bury her tomorrow next to the others.

Back