Thread: How often does your rabbit have a dental. Doughnuts in again

Default How often does your rabbit have a dental. Doughnuts in again

She's having her third dental in 3 months. Think it may be every month now. I'm guessing other rabbits have to go in this often. Just expensive. Not that a begrudge it just have to find another 100 a month

Boo was every 5-6 weeks. I can empathise with the financial aspect. Tough emotionally too though Doughnut is a little trooper isn't she? Is it tooth spurs for her?

Yes it is at the back both sides. One side is worse though. Think she could have gone back in after another 3 weeks. She's still eating as normal but she's had her digestion issues for the last three days. Put in all her medicine at top dose. Ok for a while then unwell again. Thought it was due to teeth and it is. It is tough you just want them well. How long has boo been having his. Doughnut is 7 now so got away with it for a long time. Just didn't expect it this frequent!

Quote Originally Posted by cpayne View Post
    Yes it is at the back both sides. One side is worse though. Think she could have gone back in after another 3 weeks. She's still eating as normal but she's had her digestion issues for the last three days. Put in all her medicine at top dose. Ok for a while then unwell again. Thought it was due to teeth and it is. It is tough you just want them well. How long has boo been having his. Doughnut is 7 now so got away with it for a long time. Just didn't expect it this frequent!
    Boo only started with her dental issues in October last year. She's about 5 years old. She has a weird & rare cyst, formed from dental matter. This made her lose 2 top teeth & the bottom one has had spurs. Its hard to say how much of when she goes downhill is due to the spur or the ever changing cyst which is infected (or was, we don't know if its cleared) but not an abscess. I was more than a little disheartened at the regularity. My rabbits had their health checks & Novibac a week ago - there were no signs of her needin dental although we are at 5 weeks or more since the last one. However her new vet seems to have hope she can manage it, the tooth prone to spurs does have a tooth it can grind upon. Very much wait & see with Boo. Loads of vibes for your beautiful girl x

Wise Old Thumper

I'm sorry your girlie is having teeth problems again. Is she having the dental today? If so, I hope it goes well. Probably best to discuss with Mark about the frequency.
    "The mind tells me this is our new reality, the heart aches for it to be just a bad dream" Frans Timmermans

Yes she's in now. Will see him in a weeks time for her vaccine and post op discussion.
    I'm pleased boo has managed 5 weeks. Doughnut has lost weight so she'll enjoy putting it on again

So sorry poor Doughnut has to have another dental. My girl, Treacle, is booked in for next Monday. She has managed to go 5 1/2 months this time, which is a record, she was about every 3 months. I don't know why this time is different, but I'm not complaining ! I just hate it for them, wish someone could come up with bunny dentures !
    Hope your girl is soon home munching again xxx
    [IMG][/IMG]