• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Single female rabbit

Zigzag

Alpha Buck
Hi all :wave:

Apologies in advance if this is the wrong thread. I am looking for a single female rabbit for my lovely ZIgZag who lost his husband around 7 month ago. I'm based in London, and have looked at the rabbits on this site.

Silly question- but does anyone else know where I can look? I've contacted Animal Rescue Centre where we got Zigzag and his husband, but wanted to keep my options open. I've never bonded rabbits before so I think it would be best to get the bun from a rescue. Bonding looks quite hard!

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated :)

Thanks

Apologies in advance if this is the wrong thread. I am looking for a single female rabbit for my lovely ZIgZag who lost his husband around 7 month ago. I'm based in London, and have looked at the rabbits on this site.

Silly question- but does anyone else know where I can look? I've contacted Animal Rescue Centre where we got Zigzag and his husband, but wanted to keep my options open. I've never bonded rabbits before so I think it would be best to get the bun from a rescue. Bonding looks quite hard!

Thanks

I can 100% recommend ARC and they offer a bonding service too. I have recently adopted the most gorgeous Calafornian x NZW Doe from them, as has another member on here (Omi). All of these Rabbits were rescued from a Meat Farm, 43 Rabbits in total. So IMO ARC would most definitely be my choice and they have so many lovely Does waiting for their forever home, including some of the rescued 'Meat Farm' Rabbits

This is the Doe I recently adopted, Elsa

1SifqcB.jpg

I can 100% recommend ARC and they offer a bonding service too. I have recently adopted the most gorgeous Calafornian x NZW Doe from them, as has another member on here (Omi). All of these Rabbits were rescued from a Meat Farm, 43 Rabbits in total. So IMO ARC would most definitely be my choice and they have so many lovely Does waiting for their forever home, including some of the rescued 'Meat Farm' Rabbits

This is the Doe I recently adopted, Elsa

1SifqcB.jpg

You beat me to it, Jane :D

I was just going to respond. I have indeed adopted Tui from ARC. She is one of these https://animalrescueandcare.org.uk/adopt-a-rabbit/, the Californian X Youngsters. I too am totally in love with these "meat rabbits". Tui is quite simply, adorable :love: She is clever, calm, loving and has become the perfect partner to my 7 year old buck. The bond was an easy one, which I did myself. As Jane said, ARC will also bond for you.

If I could I would adopt more of these rabbits :love:

Thanks

Hi there :D

I know we've spoken about ARC before and I'm aware of your feelings/limitations regarding Rescues etc ...

There's also Hounslow Animal Welfare:

https://www.haws-animals.org.uk/pets/rabbits/

R.S.P.C.A. Central, West and North East London

http://rspcacentrallondon.org.uk

You could ask whether there are any rabbits coming through here:

http://www.streathamhillvets.co.uk/about-us/rspca-rehoming/

Wood Green Animal Shelter

https://www.woodgreen.org.uk/rehome/small_animals

And lastly - you know where I am ;)

Pretty much what has already been said. I've had my rabbits from rescue centres and in my opinion they are places where rabbits who need a second chance, can get one. I think it's special getting a rabbit from rescues and I have found the people running them extremely knowledgable and helpful. Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Hi all

Thanks for all of your responses- I should have made myself a bit more clear, I'd never get a new rabbit from anywhere other than a rescue. Breeders and pet shops are wrong, on all levels!

The Californian X rabbits looks beautiful! Jane- I love the black noses. I've contacted ARC but they're taking ages to get back to me, which is unusual. So I wanted to know about other rescue centre options in London.

MightyMax- thanks as always. I'm about to check your recommendations out!

I will keep you all updated xxxxxx

Hi all

Thanks for all of your responses- I should have made myself a bit more clear, I'd never get a new rabbit from anywhere other than a rescue. Breeders and pet shops are wrong, on all levels!

The Californian X rabbits looks beautiful! Jane- I love the black noses. I've contacted ARC but they're taking ages to get back to me, which is unusual. So I wanted to know about other rescue centre options in London.

MightyMax- thanks as always. I'm about to check your recommendations out!

I will keep you all updated xxxxxx

You're welcome :D

Bear in mind that those meat rabbits at ARC currently are large rabbits. They will need a lot of space and would be significantly bigger than ZigZag ... They could be as much as 5 - 6 kg :shock:

Worth thinking about if you haven't your own transport, or even if you have, as I would struggle with one of those in a carrier let alone another rabbit as well :)

If I can help in any way with transport, just let me know. Happy to meet somewhere and drive you onto Rescue :D

Thanks MightyMax

I may/ will (!) take you up on the offer to drive to a rescue ��. I agree I'm so weak I would never be able to pick up a large bun with Zigzag. I have seen a couple of other smaller buns on the website. I just wish I wasn't so limited to the ARC (Amos other) rescue option. (Although you've given me a few other options)

Xx

Thanks MightyMax

I may/ will (!) take you up on the offer to drive to a rescue ��. I agree I'm so weak I would never be able to pick up a large bun with Zigzag. I have seen a couple of other smaller buns on the website. I just wish I wasn't so limited to the ARC (Amos other) rescue option. (Although you've given me a few other options)

Xx

Welcome :)

Back