Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sticky wet eye

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren25 View Post
    Thanks MightyMax, I'll carry on bathing. I rehomed him from someone on Facebook - he is very distant mutual friend but I don't know him personally. Seemed a nice enough person but didn't have time for him and wanted him to have a better life. Think he was left outside in a hutch by himself most of the times - not in the worst conditions but certainly not the best. He had bought him from gumtree. I think he had a lot of homes previous to that and I'm not sure of his age but would guess around 2 y/o. He has so much love to give, it breaks my heart to think of him being anywhere else but with me!

What an awful story Left outside in a hutch - so many rabbits are in this position and it upsets me to hear it

But it warms my heart so much when lovely people like you take on these unwanteds.
    He will be forever grateful to you - whats his name?

It upsets me every time I think about it, he really is so loving, sweet, and intelligent. I couldn't ask for a better bun and I am so grateful our paths crossed and that he has finally found his forever home with me. When I brought him home he was bald all the way under his chin and neck, it was all red and scabby. He had mites (you may remember me posting asking for advice) and his previous owner claimed he had never noticed his baldness. If that's the case, he must have never had him out of the hutch or petted him because it was so obvious.
    That's lovely of you to say, thank you. He's called Thumper and is a blue/fawn French Lop. So cute!

It upsets me every time I think about it, he really is so loving, sweet, and intelligent. I couldn't ask for a better bun and I am so grateful our paths crossed and that he has finally found his forever home with me. When I brought him home he was bald all the way under his chin and neck, it was all red and scabby. He had mites (you may remember me posting asking for advice) and his previous owner claimed he had never noticed his baldness. If that's the case, he must have never had him out of the hutch or petted him because it was so obvious.
    That's lovely of you to say, thank you. He's called Thumper and is a blue/fawn French Lop. So cute!

Yes I do remember you posting now. Bless him

I bet the hutch wasn't anything like the size it should have been for such a big rabbit.

Welcome to the Forum Thumper

Definitely not, especially with him probably spending the majority of his time in it. He's in a six foot long cage now with the doors permanently open (apart from bedtime) so he has the full run of my living room and kitchen - I bet he loves the freedom. I asked his previous owner if he had ever heard him 'purr', seen him binky, or been licked. I don't think he knew what I was talking about! Thumper would lick me all day if he could, bless him.
    Thanks MightyMax, hopefully we can get this runny eye sorted out for him. He deserves the best of the best

Definitely not, especially with him probably spending the majority of his time in it. He's in a six foot long cage now with the doors permanently open (apart from bedtime) so he has the full run of my living room and kitchen - I bet he loves the freedom. I asked his previous owner if he had ever heard him 'purr', seen him binky, or been licked. I don't think he knew what I was talking about! Thumper would lick me all day if he could, bless him.
    Thanks MightyMax, hopefully we can get this runny eye sorted out for him. He deserves the best of the best

You're welcome, and he certainly does deserve the best

And if I can help in any way, you only have to ask!

Thank you so much - I really appreciate it!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...&theater&ifg=1

Hi everyone, I can't upload a photo so this is the next best thing, sorry for the inconvenience. But his eye has gotten worse - I'm booking a vets appointment in the morning. It was looking better after I was bathing it but today a lump has appeared just above his water line. Could is be an abscess? Has anyone experienced anything like this before?

I can't see this?

It must not be working It's basically a photo of Thumper with a pink lump right above his eye, just about his waterline. It's all crusty and I've managed to remove that by bathing it but the pink lump is still there.
    Sorry for the lack of photos - my laptop doesn't seem to be cooperating with me.

It must not be working It's basically a photo of Thumper with a pink lump right above his eye, just about his waterline. It's all crusty and I've managed to remove that by bathing it but the pink lump is still there.
    Sorry for the lack of photos - my laptop doesn't seem to be cooperating with me.

Do you want to send me a photo via email? PM me and I am happy to have a look