• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Good hay

Alicia

Mama Doe
I’m on the hunt for some really good hay. Angus is a good hay eater, Beans is rubbish and the new rabbit is eating a bit but I’d like her to eat more especially as she’s a nethie so prone to teeth problems. Has anyone tried any hay with their bunnies that they’ve absolutely loved? I bought some readigrass and they loved it but I’ve just bought another bag and it’s quite brown and damp and the bunnies don’t like it, it’s compeletly different to the last bag I bought.

I’m on the hunt for some really good hay. Angus is a good hay eater, Beans is rubbish and the new rabbit is eating a bit but I’d like her to eat more especially as she’s a nethie so prone to teeth problems. Has anyone tried any hay with their bunnies that they’ve absolutely loved? I bought some readigrass and they loved it but I’ve just bought another bag and it’s quite brown and damp and the bunnies don’t like it, it’s compeletly different to the last bag I bought.
Timothyhay.co.uk - the Timothy hay and oat hay big hits here

Hayandstraw.co.uk - ings hay also a favourite here :)

Typed them from memory so not sure if the hay and straw has dashes or not Google it, it'll come up :)

Those 3 hays are what I feed everyday but I do buy some of those small expensive bags of hay sometimes to mix it up x

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Timothyhay.co.uk - the Timothy hay and oat hay big hits here

Hayandstraw.co.uk - ings hay also a favourite here :)

Typed them from memory so not sure if the hay and straw has dashes or not Google it, it'll come up :)

Those 3 hays are what I feed everyday but I do buy some of those small expensive bags of hay sometimes to mix it up x

I also buy these three. I use the timothy hay mainly and get the other two occasionally. I think you will find, like the Readigrass, that the hay will vary over time. The first cut of the timothy hay for instance was stalkier than the second, which is softer. I also feed a large amount of freshly cut grass every day when we have it.

The hay experts sample pack is a good way of letting bunnies try out hay and find out favourites, Frosty likes Burns green oat hay, oxbow orchard grass and Timothy hay best.

What is ings hay?

I get timothy hay.co.uk. Are the others stalky? Toby needs stalk

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

The hay experts sample pack is a good way of letting bunnies try out hay and find out favourites, Frosty likes Burns green oat hay, oxbow orchard grass and Timothy hay best.
Oxbow o lala frosty has expensive taste in noms

What is ings hay?

I get timothy hay.co.uk. Are the others stalky? Toby needs stalk

It's just a hay that hay and straw sell - what do you mean by stalky? It's quite soft if that helps? My buns go mad for it :) x

Oxbow o lala frosty has expensive taste in noms

Yes, but since moving him onto those from the baled meadow hay he used to like, there’s hardly any waste :thumb: hay and straw send out samples too, but Frosty didn’t like any of them!

I'm having a bit of a nightmare with hay here too. I've bought so many different bags and still struggling, (so far they only demolished the alfalfa - when they were babies). Other bags barely get touched it's costing me a small fortune! I have just ordered the sample packs from hay and straw and hayexperts but how can I judge how much they like it, do you just put a handful down of each and see which one they go to or do them separately and see how much of each one they eat?

Back