Thread: Good hay

Default Good hay

Iím on the hunt for some really good hay. Angus is a good hay eater, Beans is rubbish and the new rabbit is eating a bit but Iíd like her to eat more especially as sheís a nethie so prone to teeth problems. Has anyone tried any hay with their bunnies that theyíve absolutely loved? I bought some readigrass and they loved it but Iíve just bought another bag and itís quite brown and damp and the bunnies donít like it, itís compeletly different to the last bag I bought.

Archie - born October 2010
    Izzy - born July 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Alicia View Post
    Iím on the hunt for some really good hay. Angus is a good hay eater, Beans is rubbish and the new rabbit is eating a bit but Iíd like her to eat more especially as sheís a nethie so prone to teeth problems. Has anyone tried any hay with their bunnies that theyíve absolutely loved? I bought some readigrass and they loved it but Iíve just bought another bag and itís quite brown and damp and the bunnies donít like it, itís compeletly different to the last bag I bought.
    Timothyhay.co.uk - the Timothy hay and oat hay big hits here

Hayandstraw.co.uk - ings hay also a favourite here

Typed them from memory so not sure if the hay and straw has dashes or not Google it, it'll come up

Those 3 hays are what I feed everyday but I do buy some of those small expensive bags of hay sometimes to mix it up x

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Wise Old Thumper

Quote Originally Posted by Graciee View Post
    Timothyhay.co.uk - the Timothy hay and oat hay big hits here

Hayandstraw.co.uk - ings hay also a favourite here

Typed them from memory so not sure if the hay and straw has dashes or not Google it, it'll come up

Those 3 hays are what I feed everyday but I do buy some of those small expensive bags of hay sometimes to mix it up x

I also buy these three. I use the timothy hay mainly and get the other two occasionally. I think you will find, like the Readigrass, that the hay will vary over time. The first cut of the timothy hay for instance was stalkier than the second, which is softer. I also feed a large amount of freshly cut grass every day when we have it.
    "The mind tells me this is our new reality, the heart aches for it to be just a bad dream" Frans Timmermans

The hay experts sample pack is a good way of letting bunnies try out hay and find out favourites, Frosty likes Burns green oat hay, oxbow orchard grass and Timothy hay best.

Binky free at the bridge Boots, you will never be forgotten xxxx
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

What is ings hay?

I get timothy hay.co.uk. Are the others stalky? Toby needs stalk

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Bam & Charlie

Quote Originally Posted by Zoobec View Post
    The hay experts sample pack is a good way of letting bunnies try out hay and find out favourites, Frosty likes Burns green oat hay, oxbow orchard grass and Timothy hay best.
    Oxbow o lala frosty has expensive taste in noms

Bam & Charlie

Quote Originally Posted by loobers25 View Post
    What is ings hay?

I get timothy hay.co.uk. Are the others stalky? Toby needs stalk

It's just a hay that hay and straw sell - what do you mean by stalky? It's quite soft if that helps? My buns go mad for it x

Quote Originally Posted by loobers25 View Post
    Oxbow o lala frosty has expensive taste in noms

Yes, but since moving him onto those from the baled meadow hay he used to like, thereís hardly any waste hay and straw send out samples too, but Frosty didnít like any of them!

Binky free at the bridge Boots, you will never be forgotten xxxx
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

I'm having a bit of a nightmare with hay here too. I've bought so many different bags and still struggling, (so far they only demolished the alfalfa - when they were babies). Other bags barely get touched it's costing me a small fortune! I have just ordered the sample packs from hay and straw and hayexperts but how can I judge how much they like it, do you just put a handful down of each and see which one they go to or do them separately and see how much of each one they eat?