• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sunny buns

Graciee

Staff member
Clementine spends a lot of time staring and surveying, whereas Atticus zooms around and runs through the tunnel and jumps over her back [emoji38]

Positive though, she's stopped humping him sooo much but is still an aggressive eye groomer [emoji38]

Hope everyone's enjoying the lovely weather :D x
e2490bf56bcc8a601aefb524c7d84ade.jpg
7094d5aaa7fded0475f04974efeacdf9.jpg

446273a39b4bcb784276ae2634769844.jpg
eb4a51252a7e2cf25dfb765cb2aaac94.jpg

f77c8f54aa744bd3bd75d515acaaa933.jpg

Last edited:
It’s gorgeous here. All 6 of my buns are out, in their 2 different runs. Lucy is flopping down and rolling in the dust, the others are all resting now. They have loads of shade and still sit in the sun!
Just come in for a rest from gardening. Happy sun everyone! Xx

Oooo great looking runs. Are the bars small enough to keep the rabbits in? I am thinking of a smaller rabbit, lionhead x.

Oooo great looking runs. Are the bars small enough to keep the rabbits in? I am thinking of a smaller rabbit, lionhead x.
Not sure really, just added an extra picture that's a close up of the bars with Atticus sticking his nose through a little - they're standard rexes about 3 kg each not sure how small lion heads are really - if they're like mini lop or mini rex size - the bars are fine for those also :) x

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

No cuteness warning! Wow - those are stunning bunnies. There's a nose rub plea going on too. Yes it's hot and sunny here in Suffolk and 'Hillian' as they are being affectionately nicknamed thanks to the wonderful people on here, are out chilling in our garden. We've got like a big border up the left hand side with loads of big bush things and 3/4 way up theres a break in the garden where some tall bush things are. That's where Lillian & Henry sit but interestingly, it's also exactly where my 2 bridge buns, Ben & Georgina used to love sitting and sunbathing in the shade. Quite why 'Hillian' enjoy the exact same spot is a mystery to me. But your rabbits are just beautiful.

No cuteness warning! Wow - those are stunning bunnies. There's a nose rub plea going on too. Yes it's hot and sunny here in Suffolk and 'Hillian' as they are being affectionately nicknamed thanks to the wonderful people on here, are out chilling in our garden. We've got like a big border up the left hand side with loads of big bush things and 3/4 way up theres a break in the garden where some tall bush things are. That's where Lillian & Henry sit but interestingly, it's also exactly where my 2 bridge buns, Ben & Georgina used to love sitting and sunbathing in the shade. Quite why 'Hillian' enjoy the exact same spot is a mystery to me. But your rabbits are just beautiful.
Oo sorry [emoji38] and thanks :D

That's curious, must feel like a safe slightly sheltered area :) their names together are so cute x

Your Rexes are beautiful :love: Is Atticus slightly paler in colour than Clementine? I think you've probably said, but are they from the same litter? Did you see their parents and if so, what colour were they?

Your Rexes are beautiful :love: Is Atticus slightly paler in colour than Clementine? I think you've probably said, but are they from the same litter? Did you see their parents and if so, what colour were they?

Awh thank you :) both of their coats change depending on what light is hitting them, I wouldn't actually say in person that he's lighter. Sat next to each other they look pretty identical to most people. I can tell them apart by her dewlap and also their heads are significantly different shapes.

Yes they're brother and sister :) both parents were castor rexes also - the dad was huge though, he weighed 4.5kg and was from Holland apparently, when I saw the dad I was kinda shocked after just having mini lops before and for a second I was kinda like is this a mistake? Haha

They reckoned the litter would get to about 3.5kg, Clementine is 3.6kg and Atticus 3kg so they got that about right (also Atticus was the smallest so I think he was always going to be smaller than the rest)

Thanks everyone :) here's some others I took of them today x
9ca8661d8f784e2e8feefb356fad61cc.jpg
8187eec27f31fbd3bafa9738765f0307.jpg
b0ddf6991fe7893fc742667506ef1a82.jpg
d6788ec2cdcd0d91d814e81ae5aa8df6.jpg

Such beauties. Rex's look so like belgian hares dont they?.

I am tempted to get one of those runs. What height are yours? Where did you get it from?

Oo sorry [emoji38] and thanks :D

That's curious, must feel like a safe slightly sheltered area :) their names together are so cute x

Hahaha - it's only Mervinius who has to do the cuteness warning ... unless it's spreading to other buns too now ;):lol:

Absolutely gorgeous bunnies on a beautifully sunny day Grace :D

They're beautiful! Fab run as well, thank you for the link it may be useful as I'm looking at moving with a bigger garden :)

Back