• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Have I made a mistake?

She’s eating small amounts, Beans keeps going and sitting next to her and she seems to be getting a bit more comfortable with this. He even cleaned her this morning, I don’t know exactly what happened before I got her but I think she is really scared of other rabbits, she’s a completely different rabbit when it’s just me and her. Do you think this is something that might get better in time or am I being unfair to her by keeping her with Beans?

It’s really early days and it sounds like it’s going well, stop worrying! She sounds lovely and you’ve given her a new lovely home and a new friend. Once they’re bonded it’ll all be worth it. Ive got a nethie/Dutch cross and he’s lovely, Still really nervous as I’ve only had him a couple of months. Any pics? X

It all sounds to be going well. Best of luck hope they are ok overnight. I bonded my quad in my bedroom and they got a bit chasy at times so I would put on the light and give them loads of food!

Keep us posted.

They’ve been sat next to each other but she never seemed very interested but she’s started looking more comfortable, she’s not just sat staring into space she’s looking around and when he goes near her she sniffs at him rather than stamping her foot and running away

aww, sounds like she is gaining confidence & the bond is moving in the right direction. Shouldn't be long now I reckon

Update on these two, it’s a bit up and down. They sit together a lot and do clean each other but there’s quite a lot of chasing going on too. I don’t know whether to ignore this as it is the only bad thing or do I need to do something. They’ve been separated for a few days as Jelly has been spayed and I didn’t want her to hurt herself, I’m aware I may have to start from scratch now. Her cage is right next to Beans’ and whenever she’s out of her cage she hops over to the bars to sit next to him, but if I put her in he chases her.

Back