Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Have I made a mistake?

Wise Old Thumper

I would separate, that will give her a rest and maybe she will eat something.

Warren Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Alicia View Post
    I was going to sit down there with them, but I’m wondering whether it would be best to separate
    I think I'd want to know she was eating ok so if no evidence of this, then I'd separate

She’s eating small amounts, Beans keeps going and sitting next to her and she seems to be getting a bit more comfortable with this. He even cleaned her this morning, I don’t know exactly what happened before I got her but I think she is really scared of other rabbits, she’s a completely different rabbit when it’s just me and her. Do you think this is something that might get better in time or am I being unfair to her by keeping her with Beans?

Archie - born October 2010
    Izzy - born July 2009

Alpha Buck

It’s really early days and it sounds like it’s going well, stop worrying! She sounds lovely and you’ve given her a new lovely home and a new friend. Once they’re bonded it’ll all be worth it. Ive got a nethie/Dutch cross and he’s lovely, Still really nervous as I’ve only had him a couple of months. Any pics? X

Wise Old Thumper

Most of the females I have bonded have been scared/wary of the male for a few days.

It all sounds to be going well. Best of luck hope they are ok overnight. I bonded my quad in my bedroom and they got a bit chasy at times so I would put on the light and give them loads of food!

Keep us posted.

They’ve been sat next to each other but she never seemed very interested but she’s started looking more comfortable, she’s not just sat staring into space she’s looking around and when he goes near her she sniffs at him rather than stamping her foot and running away

Izzy - born July 2009

Warren Veteran

aww, sounds like she is gaining confidence & the bond is moving in the right direction. Shouldn't be long now I reckon

Update on these two, it’s a bit up and down. They sit together a lot and do clean each other but there’s quite a lot of chasing going on too. I don’t know whether to ignore this as it is the only bad thing or do I need to do something. They’ve been separated for a few days as Jelly has been spayed and I didn’t want her to hurt herself, I’m aware I may have to start from scratch now. Her cage is right next to Beans’ and whenever she’s out of her cage she hops over to the bars to sit next to him, but if I put her in he chases her.

Izzy - born July 2009