Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Travelling with a pair

I lumped all my bunnies in one carrier to do a 2 hour trip (there & back, the vet is their rest stop) this week. There is room for them not to be too squashy but they still insisted on using only 60% of the space as they kept lying on top of each other. I found that strange - my bunnies snuggle a lot but aren't the types to lie on top of each other

I use old (clean) bath mats in the base as they are absorbent and not as slippy as everything else I've tried

Most importantly - congrats. You must be very excited

I used a small dog crate to transport my bunnies with a carpet on the base for grip and no slip.
    Lance got your wings 31/7/13. I will never forget u my gentle sensitive soul x x x Rosie my beautiful baby girl. . Said goodbye on 6/7/15. Brave Code, u made us so proud my gentle boy. Hope all of you is working now my snuffler,
    22 August 2016. Oliver my gentle baby boy, hope you have found the others, 30th July 2017. Will never forget you all my angels.

Thanks everyone! The journey has started, I managed to find a box I'm happy with both in and they seem fine. I've popped a puppy pad in the bottom covered in hay. It's pretty warm which is a bit of a worry. 24.5 degrees and pretty cosy in the car. They won't take a drink so far which is a little worrying. So I've soaked some kale in water and popped in in with them. They haven't eaten any yet. Should I be too worried or will they be ok until we are back?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Crinklewhiskers View Post
    Thanks everyone! The journey has started, I managed to find a box I'm happy with both in and they seem fine. I've popped a puppy pad in the bottom covered in hay. It's pretty warm which is a bit of a worry. 24.5 degrees and pretty cosy in the car. They won't take a drink so far which is a little worrying. So I've soaked some kale in water and popped in in with them. They haven't eaten any yet. Should I be too worried or will they be ok until we are back?

They'll probably be fine, might be a little too scared to eat, I wouldn't worry

I'm sure once they're in their new home and are left to settle they'll start nibbling hay etc xx

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Alpha Buck

Good luck on the drive. Did I miss a post with pictures in? Congratulations on the new furry family xx

We made it! It was a long cosy drive but They seemed to be ok, eventually settled stretched out and coped really quite well. They are currently exploring their new home so leaving them to it at the moment. Will pop up some photos in a few hours once they have calmed down a little!

Oh how wonderfully exciting. I have always found rabbits to be great travellers. In all cases (long journeys by train car and bus and a mix of all 3 on one occasion) they have just flopped and chomped on grass!

Look forward to pics. I love rexes. Mabe one day ...

Alpha Buck

I love rexes too, I have 2 mini rexes, so gorgeous. Im glad you made it home ok, looking forward to the pics xx

Meet Buster & Lola! This is as close as I can get at the moment without sending them into a bit of a frenzy!

I will pop some more pics up once they are feeling a little more confident!

Just glad to have them home safe and sound at the moment! Thanks again for all the advice!

Quote Originally Posted by Crinklewhiskers View Post
    Meet Buster & Lola! This is as close as I can get at the moment without sending them into a bit of a frenzy!

I will pop some more pics up once they are feeling a little more confident!

Just glad to have them home safe and sound at the moment! Thanks again for all the advice!

Fantastic achievement, and lovely bunnies
    Up to date and comprehensive info on RHD2:
    http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...16-Sept/page14
    An extensive guide to all things RHD2 - Please Vaccinate!