• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Travelling with a pair

I may just be getting a little paranoid as my last bunny got really sick but I've noticed today that my new pair haven't done very many droppings/pee'd much. I don't know if this is just generally unsettled because of travel and new surroundings etc but I'm worried. They do have a little hide which they may be going in but they are spending so much time in there at the moment due to being nervous that I don't want to invade their safe space to find out!

Apologies for all the posts...im very nervous about getting something wrong with these 2 and am such a worrier!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I may just be getting a little paranoid as my last bunny got really sick but I've noticed today that my new pair haven't done very many droppings/pee'd much. I don't know if this is just generally unsettled because of travel and new surroundings etc but I'm worried. They do have a little hide which they may be going in but they are spending so much time in there at the moment due to being nervous that I don't want to invade their safe space to find out!

Apologies for all the posts...im very nervous about getting something wrong with these 2 and am such a worrier!

Yeah travel and change are stressful and puts them off their food sometimes.

Can you put some fresh grass or herbs or something into their hide? Or sprinkle a few pellets (or treats if you use them)?

They seem to be eating fine. Ive just put their evening pellets, greens and hay and they are both out quick as a flash and munching away. They have both been out to have a look during the day and I've seen them both eating some kale and some hay. Not drunk a huge amount of water since this morning. I've given them a bowl and bottle to see what they prefer.

It's just the lack of poops that is concerning me. How long do I continue with them eating/drinking and exploring totally fine if they don't seem to be going to the toilet much?

Aaaand we have heaps of poop! In future please just tell me to calm down and stop being so paranoid! [emoji85][emoji23] sorry!

When Marty got sick the first thing I noticed was that he wasn't pooping much and I still beat myself up that I maybe didn't get him to a vet quickly enough, hence the very quick jump to panic!

Aaaand we have heaps of poop! In future please just tell me to calm down and stop being so paranoid! [emoji85][emoji23] sorry!

When Marty got sick the first thing I noticed was that he wasn't pooping much and I still beat myself up that I maybe didn't get him to a vet quickly enough, hence the very quick jump to panic!

After you've nursed a sick bunny, it takes a bit of time to realise that all buns aren't going to go the same way.
Most have healthy lives :D

Glad you have poop :thumb:

Buster getting a bit bolder and came out to play for a little tonight so thought I'd share some slightly better photos!
48f0c258acffd2cf70c388b0e869b32a.jpg
0b63fd23cbf8d0c627e858e00e10dba7.jpg
1505891c210ed779875c440812f7ee2b.jpg
51ccb180b2be395f62ae921b021fda98.jpg

Back