• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Daphne in stasis again

"Thank you all my extra hoomins."

Phoebe is now being funny with food so I've given her a dose of gut meds to help. (Spoke to vets)
2888313b313a7e170091473beb435363.jpg

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

"Thank you all my extra hoomins."

Phoebe is now being funny with food so I've given her a dose of gut meds to help. (Spoke to vets)
2888313b313a7e170091473beb435363.jpg

So beautiful. I hope she improves, they are beyond a worry! Do you know daphnes trigger?

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Glad to hear that Daphne is feeling a lot better and I hope that Phoebe does not decide to be poorly now.

So much for having Pets as a way of reducing our stress levels !!

Thank you everyone for the support and love.

So we were at the emergency vets until midnight. They had a road traffic accident come in to deal with so we were kept waiting around an hour to an hour & half. During this time we got Daphne to eat a dandelion leaf. We decided not to have a vet exam as she had now eaten something which gave me hope she was manageable.

The vet said he still wanted to check her over as we had gone all that way and he was sorry we had to be kept waiting so long. So he checked her over FOC as goodwill.

Examination was the same as at our vets... we were concerned and took her as she was getting lots of water in her mouth then letting it dribble out. She was getting her nose in the bowl and I was worried about her aspirating, her abdomen had also grown in size.

Once home she ate more grass etc so I was up every hour to ensure she was still eating and syringe feeding if not.

This morning we have poos and she's excited for food. Her abdomen has become smaller and she doesn't seem in pain. I'm still going to dose her on meds this morning and I'll be coming home to syringe feed during the day. She's locked in the bedroom so we can monitor on the camera.

Thank you again everyone. I wish I could quote you all.

Loobers the gas seems most likely for the behaviour. I've never seen it that intense before.

JJ the vet had a good palpation of her bladder, as did I, it felt perfectly normal so we don't believe cystitis but I may get a dip stick done to be sure.

We've no idea what has set off this episode. She's not had any different foods etc so it's a mystery.

Really good news, I'm so glad it's worked out. But you must be exhausted!

Glad to hear that Daphne is feeling a lot better and I hope that Phoebe does not decide to be poorly now.

So much for having Pets as a way of reducing our stress levels !!
Ha yes! This is definitely the most stress I've experienced this year

I’m so sorry to be reading this :-(

Poor Daphne and poor you. I hope she starts to get going soon bless her.

I’ve heard baby food can be quite tempting for bunnies.
Send love, hugs and bunny nose bumps <3 xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I think someone was just having OH on one. She seems fine for me once I'm back home.

1a625af5f436aa1823a33265e3922230.jpg
c7335dd7099fa4af38d0b5e9086f203e.jpg

Your bunnies are so gorgeous! How are they both doing now? Noms?

Brilliant :D That first pic is so lovely of them both, especially Daphne :love:

I hope they both stay OK now.

Back