• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Daphne in stasis again

daphnephoebe

Wise Old Thumper
It's becoming a routine with her.

OH last saw her eat around 7:30/8am.
I've just come home and she's cold, clearly uncomfortable and refusing food.

Given her some metacam as that is our usual step with her. Been about 20 mins... will give a little longer but looks like we will be at the vets tonight :(

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Come on, Daphne, you need to eat. I hope that she starts eating soon, that the metacam works, and she gets back to normal soon. x

It's becoming a routine with her.

OH last saw her eat around 7:30/8am.
I've just come home and she's cold, clearly uncomfortable and refusing food.

Given her some metacam as that is our usual step with her. Been about 20 mins... will give a little longer but looks like we will be at the vets tonight :(

Hope you don't need the vets. Poor girlie :(

Love and hugs xx

Saying prayers that sweet daphne is ok. Poor baby girl, at least she has a mummy who is quick acting and loves her. Vibes for you too, you must be a nervous wreck. Xxx

Vet appointment said early stages stasis. No visible pain on palpation, soft normal feeling gut with some faeces ready to come out but not much else in there.

Get home and give her the gut meds after 30 mins she's cold again and not interested in food at all.

I force 5ml syringe feed which was an intense struggle otherwise I'd have wanted at least 20ml. Tempting with grass, thyme, brambles, cranberries.

She's doing a weird behaviour which I would appreciate opinions on. I didn't mention it to vet as I just thought it was tummy pressing to begin with but now I think otherwise - possible EC?

She's tummy pressing and stretching her back legs right out behind her... nothing too odd but then she's trying to turn around like this or tries to walk away like this taking a few moments to right her legs. She also appears to prefer being wedged between items or in a storage box than in the open under a table which is what she normally does in stasis

She's sitting in her sick corner, looking rather sorry for herself. She's allowing head strokes (very odd) and is refusing any thing that provides heat... as in she will move away from it.

Last edited:
"Thank you all for the love and support... mummy keeps following me around and telling me that you're all rooting for me."

41923e229d3fcaaf0d190cf1982cc836.jpg
e5810dbc18bf1ecc0a309ccce15f343e.jpg

Last edited:
Poor Daphne :( I hope she starts to feel a lot better soon.

I'm afraid I haven't any ideas about the behaviour. I hope someone can help.

Sending you lots of hugs.

I don't feel confident answering your EC question but sending millions of vibes for your baby girl. She does look sad xx

Just have another 8ml/10ml roughly... at least 2ml dribbled out. She refused water.

She's been burping or hiccuping a little bit. Not 100% sure which.

She looks worse than her worst stasis episode.

Back