Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Reaffirming bond in a new place?

Default Reaffirming bond in a new place?

Hop hop
    Last edited by gazlar90; 01-05-2018 at 12:45 PM.

Wise Old Thumper

It sounds like your female is a bit hormonal. How old are they?

Hop hop
    Last edited by gazlar90; 01-05-2018 at 12:46 PM.

Wise Old Thumper

Are they brother and sister? Do you realise the female can get pregnant, so please separate now although it might be too late.

hop hop

Wise Old Thumper

No I doubt it. Were they together at the breeders? It is likely she might be pregnant even though you have not seen the boy doing anything, but what about during the night? The grunting is hormonal or she is fending him off because she is pregnant, when they are pregnant they will not usually let the male mate with them again.

hop hop

Yes, any change such as moving can affect a bond. In neutered rabbits, it will usually settle in time. However, as neither are neutered, it is likely that hormones are also coming into play, as tonibun says. At 6-7 months, Lilo is almost certainly pregnant, and that in conjunction with the move is probably affecting it.
    Twitter: @tlcwrites
    Owned by:

*Nyssa & Zara cats*Aurora tortoise*Zeta & Eta guinea pigs*Rex-Rex Hamster*
    Never forgetting rabbits Nessarose, Archimedes, Lelantos, Galinda, Takumi, Apollo, Iris, and Arce

Hopping Mad - Bespoke timber homes and accessories for small pets.
    TLC's Home for Wayward Buns now has a Facebook Page! Feel free to like us for regular updates on them.

Quote Originally Posted by gazlar90 View Post
    They were together at the breeders. Only brought them home 2 days ago. If she is pregnant then I will have to deal with it, however I've just palpated her and I can't feel anything. I didn't want them to be bonded and then separated and then bond them again. As I say they are at the vets very soon and going into different cages so will have to see what happens.

Overall though I was asking for a helpful response. It's a good thing I'm not a complete amateur because your doom and gloom response would have seen me running out the door.
    Tonibun is only saying what the rest of us here are thinking - she is almost certainly pregnant and if you donít separate them before the birth they will mate again immediately. Is that doom and gloom enough for you? You say you arenít a complete amateur and yet you have 7 month old un neutered siblings together. What kind of breeder did you get them from?

Come back when the babies are born for advice if you genuinely want advice.

hop hop
    Last edited by gazlar90; 01-05-2018 at 12:47 PM.