Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Support Please (Bond Breaking)

Default Support Please (Bond Breaking)

Hi All,

Some of you may remember me, and my 2 Nethies, Nicholas & Catherine. Long time no post, but following bonding them they settled right in to married life and I moved house & jobs.

We come to today. Their bond is breaking. He is neutered, she is not spayed (to be done post the end of May). They are free range house rabbits & have the living room (not fans of tiles or stairs so the Living Room is it). They do get put away at night, because for a while I would come down in the morning to a living room like one giant litter tray & I couldnít manage.

There has been for a few weeks the odd bit of fur. Nothing major, mainly hers, but the bond has seemed solid. Even yesterday both binkying, sunbathing etc.

Today I have come home and there is more fur. No blood, no broken skin, not tons of fur but with everything else enough to be a concern. The attitude of both has changed. They are chasing a bit, though they are currently sitting together. She hasnít been to the litter tray since I got home 40 minutes ago but he has, very unusual. I scattered some pellets which they both did go for, she was talking like she did when I was first bonding them, like she was scared again.

I am planning to leave them out tonight so they have the space to get away from each other. Short of getting her in for a spay at short notice, is there anything else I can do?

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

In addition - she has just tried to hump him, definitely a battle of the wills going on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Perhaps it is because of the season. What is often called spring fever?

Hope someone comes along soon with some good advice.

Wise Old Thumper

.... and just when you think everything is fine, rabbits have a knack of turning everything round.

Is Catherine too young to be spayed, then, until after the end of May? (Hope Catherine09 doesn't see this )
    Hopefully someone will be able to give some advice about what to do tonight.

Thanks both! Catherine should be fine to be spayed, but they are boarding at the end of May so I wasnít sure even if I could get her in quickly that she would be ok for then / that they would be back together.

Following some full on humping (him on her, which she accepted, very graphic) and revenge humping (her on him), we seem to have an uneasy truce driven by their stomachs. Both in the tray munching away.

More fur, but no damage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wise Old Thumper

How old is Catherine?

She is about a year and a half Tonibun.

Looking at it tonight - I think she is frisky.

Wise Old Thumper

My advice would be to have her spayed asap. She will then have time to recover before they go in for boarding. I wouldn’t want to risk things escalating, one or other being really hurt and the bond being broken.