• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Support Please (Bond Breaking)

rowan.godfrey

Alpha Buck
Hi All,

Some of you may remember me, and my 2 Nethies, Nicholas & Catherine. Long time no post, but following bonding them they settled right in to married life and I moved house & jobs.

We come to today. Their bond is breaking. He is neutered, she is not spayed (to be done post the end of May). They are free range house rabbits & have the living room (not fans of tiles or stairs so the Living Room is it). They do get put away at night, because for a while I would come down in the morning to a living room like one giant litter tray & I couldn’t manage.

There has been for a few weeks the odd bit of fur. Nothing major, mainly hers, but the bond has seemed solid. Even yesterday both binkying, sunbathing etc.

Today I have come home and there is more fur. No blood, no broken skin, not tons of fur but with everything else enough to be a concern. The attitude of both has changed. They are chasing a bit, though they are currently sitting together. She hasn’t been to the litter tray since I got home 40 minutes ago but he has, very unusual. I scattered some pellets which they both did go for, she was talking like she did when I was first bonding them, like she was scared again.

I am planning to leave them out tonight so they have the space to get away from each other. Short of getting her in for a spay at short notice, is there anything else I can do?

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Perhaps it is because of the season. What is often called spring fever?

Hope someone comes along soon with some good advice.

.... and just when you think everything is fine, rabbits have a knack of turning everything round.

Is Catherine too young to be spayed, then, until after the end of May? (Hope Catherine09 doesn't see this :lol:)
Hopefully someone will be able to give some advice about what to do tonight.

Thanks both! Catherine should be fine to be spayed, but they are boarding at the end of May so I wasn’t sure even if I could get her in quickly that she would be ok for then / that they would be back together.

Following some full on humping (him on her, which she accepted, very graphic) and revenge humping (her on him), we seem to have an uneasy truce driven by their stomachs. Both in the tray munching away.

More fur, but no damage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3405c0745574e2ab3f245aff2d368321.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My advice would be to have her spayed asap. She will then have time to recover before they go in for boarding. I wouldn’t want to risk things escalating, one or other being really hurt and the bond being broken.

My advice would be to have her spayed asap. She will then have time to recover before they go in for boarding. I wouldn’t want to risk things escalating, one or other being really hurt and the bond being broken.

I agree with Babsie :thumb:

Thanks both, I’m going to ring up today. They are fine this AM, no more fur and not chasing. Just messy! Ha, well hopefully the spay will sort out her poop as you go attitude as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back