• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny Op U/Date 12th May :-)

So this morning the first tentative steps were taken outside of bed. The problem is, that exhaustion sets in after a few steps and then bun is lying completely flat on the floor again and has to be taken back to warmth. A full time job on watchman duties!

Good news though, a few nibbles did happen whilst bunny was out (before collapse) so there is a glimmer of hope and for me that's magic :love:

So this morning the first tentative steps were taken outside of bed. The problem is, that exhaustion sets in after a few steps and then bun is lying completely flat on the floor again and has to be taken back to warmth. A full time job on watchman duties!

Good news though, a few nibbles did happen whilst bunny was out (before collapse) so there is a glimmer of hope and for me that's magic :love:

Very pleased to hear bunny is fighting on :love: I hope your recovery is going well, it must be very hard to try and look after yourself too while doing such a wonderful job of looking after a poorly bun xx

At least he he showing he is fighting. More healing vibes added and comforting vibes for you. Come on little guy you can do it. We are all rooting for you. :love:

You have a wee bun fighting very hard, what very good early tentative signs. He has the best mum caring for him, keep going little one xx

Just been to fetch more meds, (I can't say more publicly) but I am hopeful that I can turn this little guy around.

Back to the vet tomorrow ....

Thank you so much for your good wishes. I am so lucky to have people interested in us :D

Sending more vibes for your rabbit. It sounds as though the progress is actually quite reasonable bearing in mind it was a serious operation. It must also be reassuring for you that the rabbit is not so poorly to be kept at the vets, although it does mean you have to monitor the patient carefully, which I'm sure you're doing. I hope the improvement continues.

I'm happy to hear he is still doing well. Of course you have people interested in you. You are always there for everyone and are a lovely kind hearted lady. Keep doing what you are doing for that little guy. Xx:love:

I'm happy to hear he is still doing well. Of course you have people interested in you. You are always there for everyone and are a lovely kind hearted lady. Keep doing what you are doing for that little guy. Xx:love:

Thank you :love:

I am hoping that my nursing skills are up to scratch and the vet won't keep bunny in tomorrow ...

Sending more vibes for your little warrior bunny. :love:

And a squillion more for you too. Being a bunny nurse is very hard work at the best of times. xxx

Sending loads of vibes for you and the bunny who is so blessed to have you as its guardian angel. Clearly the rabbit knows and senses you are doing everything you can and clearly has strong spirit. I'll be thinking of you both all day and hope bunnies small steps turn into larger ones over the next few days.

Sending loads of vibes for you and the bunny who is so blessed to have you as its guardian angel. Clearly the rabbit knows and senses you are doing everything you can and clearly has strong spirit. I'll be thinking of you both all day and hope bunnies small steps turn into larger ones over the next few days.

Thank you Craig and everyone. I appreciate the vibes more than you all know! :)

Well, there is progress being made following the start of the new meds. The vet was pleased with progress so far, and felt that it was the right thing that we began the new treatment, as bun had been going downhill ...

Sorry not to have updated before, but I had to make another vet visit yesterday which somewhat incapacitated me!

So it's onwards and upwards. There's an awful lot of wound healing to be got over, and coping with the real possibility of infection. Another vet visit is scheduled for shortly but so glad I can now nurse at home :)

So pleased bunny is making progress, every small step is a plus sign. He couldn't be in safer hands bless him. Look after yourself too MM xxx

Back