Thread: I think he's ready to be neutered

Default I think he's ready to be neutered

So a moment ago I caught Ralph humping the empty bottle of lemonade ready to go out into the recycling bin

He has also been madly following me all day humming, sounds a bit like a bumblebee

He's due for rhd2 jab on Sat where I'll be booking in for his neuter anyway but just thought I'd ask - is it likely his balls have errr, dropped? Is it still recommended to wait 6 weeks until I then consider bonding him and Luna, does she need to be spayed before I do this. I want him outside really but know it's another few months before she can be done realistically

How old is Ralph? Testicles drop usually around 4 months, but can be sooner, can be later. It would still be recommended to wait 6 weeks, as he'll still be fertile for up to that time. In the past I've bonded an unneutered male to a spayed doe. I don't think I'd personally feel comfortable doing so the other way around unless I knew for certain the buck had been neutered for a long while.

But by the sounds of his behaviour, you're right; he does sound ready!
    Twitter: @tlcwrites
    Owned by:

*Nyssa & Zara cats*Aurora tortoise*Zeta & Eta guinea pigs*Rex-Rex Hamster*
    Never forgetting rabbits Nessarose, Archimedes, Lelantos, Galinda, Takumi, Apollo, Iris, and Arce

Hopping Mad - Bespoke timber homes and accessories for small pets.
    TLC's Home for Wayward Buns now has a Facebook Page! Feel free to like us for regular updates on them.

Wise Old Thumper

Can you not have a peep underneath? Please leave at least 2 weeks between vaccination and neuter to give it enough time to become effective. Is this his first vacc?

He's 12 weeks old today, this weekend is his second vaccine. They've already had the first (combined nobivac). Shouldn't be a prob waiting two weeks, he has to have 2 'social' visits to the vets anyway so he's not so stressed when he goes in for the op. I've just had a look, in honest I'm not sure if I've just spent a couple of mins looking at his bum region - think I'll wait until other half comes back so he can hold him!