• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I think he's ready to be neutered

Leannean27

Alpha Buck
So a moment ago I caught Ralph humping the empty bottle of lemonade ready to go out into the recycling bin :oops:

He has also been madly following me all day humming, sounds a bit like a bumblebee :?

He's due for rhd2 jab on Sat where I'll be booking in for his neuter anyway but just thought I'd ask - is it likely his balls have errr, dropped? Is it still recommended to wait 6 weeks until I then consider bonding him and Luna, does she need to be spayed before I do this. I want him outside really but know it's another few months before she can be done realistically

How old is Ralph? Testicles drop usually around 4 months, but can be sooner, can be later. It would still be recommended to wait 6 weeks, as he'll still be fertile for up to that time. In the past I've bonded an unneutered male to a spayed doe. I don't think I'd personally feel comfortable doing so the other way around unless I knew for certain the buck had been neutered for a long while.

But by the sounds of his behaviour, you're right; he does sound ready!

Can you not have a peep underneath? Please leave at least 2 weeks between vaccination and neuter to give it enough time to become effective. Is this his first vacc?

He's 12 weeks old today, this weekend is his second vaccine. They've already had the first (combined nobivac). Shouldn't be a prob waiting two weeks, he has to have 2 'social' visits to the vets anyway so he's not so stressed when he goes in for the op. I've just had a look, in honest I'm not sure if I've just spent a couple of mins looking at his bum region :oops: - think I'll wait until other half comes back so he can hold him!

Back