• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

anyone local to Peterborough to help 2 8 week baby rabbits?

Ruthyjones89

Mama Doe
Hi,

Is there anyone who can help with 2 baby rabbits in Dogsthorpe, Peterborough?

Someone has brought x2 baby bunnies, but have no idea what they are doing. They are being kept in a plastic container and he doesn't have the right food for them. Sorry if I shouldn't post this, but not sure what else I can do.

I'm in Berkshire and miles away but can't leave these babies as they are.. anyone close to collect them and help?

I could potentionally help with transport if the buns have a home to go to.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

So I have spoken to Lea @ Rabbit residence, she's happy to take them on saturday. I just need someone to look after them until then, otherwise I'm happy to drive to whoever collects, keep them at mine a few days, then take them all the way back.

They need a home, but fully understand people can't just take them on straight away, my backup is rabbit residence on Saturday. They are currently based in Dogsthorpe.

If anyone can offer them a home? amazing, if not the rescue will help. I just need to get them out of the current home ASAP! He is asking for someone to collect them tonight..

Could it be tomorrow morning? Or does it have to be tonight?

Also what's the situation here? Sorry just wanna know what km getting myself into xx

sorry I'm also on FB too, I've managed to find a lady who owns a small rescue, she's about 25 mins away from them and she will go and collect them tonight. The babies will then stay with her until we find them a home!

I'll keep you all updated for when they have been collected, but I'm currently checking with the owner when she can collect them.

Thanks though everyone xx

sorry I'm also on FB too, I've managed to find a lady who owns a small rescue, she's about 25 mins away from them and she will go and collect them tonight. The babies will then stay with her until we find them a home!

I'll keep you all updated for when they have been collected, but I'm currently checking with the owner when she can collect them.

Thanks though everyone xx

Ah perfect :) if she can't etc lemme know I'm happy to go pick them up and they could stay here etc xx

Thanks so much everyone, babies have been collected and safe! :thumb:

I'll update with pics later but they we're being kept in a plastic storage container with no hay and no water, just rabbit royal mix :(

Thanks so much everyone, babies have been collected and safe! :thumb:

I'll update with pics later but they we're being kept in a plastic storage container with no hay and no water, just rabbit royal mix :(

Gosh that's awful, so glad they're safe now! :(

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Now safe! :):)

Thanks guys, such a relief now they're safe. The owner bought them at the weekend but quickly realised he had no idea how to look after them.. offered them back to the breeder who said no!

In the second picture, the poor little babies are wet. He completely bathed them as he couldn't understand why they had a messy bum.. :censored::censored:

So although I had to pay him what he brought them for, the main thing is they are safe and now with a lovely lady but only until SATURDAY..

buns_zpstpr2bwab.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
Hi Tonibun - I'm sorry I completely missed your comment.

Both bunnies have been kept by the lady who initially collected them, they'll be vaccinated and neutered so they can stay together! They're now named Daisy and Dexter and have the most amazing forever home they deserve! :love:

Back