Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Lady Pips peeing outside the litter box solved!!!!

  1. #1

    Default Lady Pips peeing outside the litter box solved!!!!

    At last we seem to have mastered Lady Pips naughty weeing outside the litter tray.

    I tried the under bed storage option recommended on here. However because they are so tiny. I don't think they liked hopping in and out. (Also she still pee'd outside it at night)

    We then tried two normal litter boxes next to each other. So they could have one each. She still pee'd outside it at night!

    So thinking it was a territorial thing, because it was always worse after cleaning the trays. I tried cleaning out the days on different days. So there will always be one that smells of Pip and Archie in there!

    Guess what... It seems to have solved it. The little monkey likes pee pee smell...

    I had tried putting some dirty litter back in the tray before this. However that obviously wasn't acceptable for her. Haha..

    Here is her ladyship chilling on a square...

    Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    Wise Old Thumper
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    12,786

    Default

    They are strange creatures at times aren't they However, it's an easy fix and if it works for her then good.
    "The mind tells me this is our new reality, the heart aches for it to be just a bad dream" Frans Timmermans

  3. #3
    Wise Old Thumper MightyMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    38,694

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mervinius View Post
    At last we seem to have mastered Lady Pips naughty weeing outside the litter tray.

    I tried the under bed storage option recommended on here. However because they are so tiny. I don't think they liked hopping in and out. (Also she still pee'd outside it at night)

    We then tried two normal litter boxes next to each other. So they could have one each. She still pee'd outside it at night!

    So thinking it was a territorial thing, because it was always worse after cleaning the trays. I tried cleaning out the days on different days. So there will always be one that smells of Pip and Archie in there!

    Guess what... It seems to have solved it. The little monkey likes pee pee smell...

    I had tried putting some dirty litter back in the tray before this. However that obviously wasn't acceptable for her. Haha..

    Here is her ladyship chilling on a square...

    Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

    I am very glad to hear you've solved the issue! Some rabbits won't pee in a used litter box and others won't pee if it's not been used.
    Sigh


    However, you've snuck a photo of Lady Pip without warning, so I shall have to place you in the naughty corner for a couple of mins until you post an equally adorable one of Archie
    Reliable and up to date info on RHD2:
    An extensive and comprehensive guide to all things RHD2 - Please Vaccinate!
    http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...RHD2-July-2018

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MightyMax View Post
    I am very glad to hear you've solved the issue! Some rabbits won't pee in a used litter box and others won't pee if it's not been used.
    Sigh


    However, you've snuck a photo of Lady Pip without warning, so I shall have to place you in the naughty corner for a couple of mins until you post an equally adorable one of Archie
    <sat in the naughty corner...pondering her lack of cuteness warning. Whoops

    Yes they are very strange creatures. I think she just what's me to definitely know what is her space. Lol..

    (Just put a video up of Archie for you...)



    Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

  5. #5
    Wise Old Thumper MightyMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    38,694

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mervinius View Post
    <sat in the naughty corner...pondering her lack of cuteness warning. Whoops

    Yes they are very strange creatures. I think she just what's me to definitely know what is her space. Lol..

    (Just put a video up of Archie for you...)



    Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

    I missed this yesterday ....

    ...... MM runs over to other thread to see Archie
    Reliable and up to date info on RHD2:
    An extensive and comprehensive guide to all things RHD2 - Please Vaccinate!
    http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...RHD2-July-2018

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MightyMax View Post
    I missed this yesterday ....

    ...... MM runs over to other thread to see Archie
    Lol. You'll love it....

    Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

  7. #7
    Forum Buddy Zoobec's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    26,122

    Default

    I’m glad you got to the bottom of it

    Binky free at the bridge Boots, you will never be forgotten xxxx
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •