• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Delta Snowcone Honeypig ~ arrived home 15/04/17 - 28/04/18

tlcwrites

Mama Doe
I'm pretty much devastated to announce the passing of Delta Snowcone Honeypig. Some of you may know this from my "Bonding Nine" thread in Behaviour & Bonding, but I knew I had to also do this sweet girlie a proper memorial thread.

Delta Snowcone arrived from Honeybunnies Rabbit & Guinea Pig Rescue, along with Epsilon Cumin. They had been bonded there, and we adopted them to bond with our bereaved piggie, Beta. This was on the same day that Yuki Winter arrived to bond with Arce, who'd also been bereaved. So, as soon as they arrived I was faced with the job of bonding both rabbits and guinea pigs at the same time. Thankfully, both bonds were a success, although we lost Beta shortly after.

Delta and Epsilon lived together well enough until Epsilon's passing. After this, we knew that she needed some new companions, and then we adopted Zeta and Eta. Again, the bond went easily enough, but like all the previous piggie bonds, it was a fairly loose bond.

Generally, Delta was a sweet little girl. She was never the loudest of piggies, and in personality she was often outshadowed by the far bolshier Epsie, and then Zeta. However, there was a gentleness about her that always appealed to me. But, that gentleness always disappeared whenever it came to her cushion and pigloo. She would guard it quite keenly and got grumpy if anyone else was to be found in it. The other thing she always seemed to do was delicately hold onto any fresh food she was eating. There would almost always be one paw making sure it was still.

Her passing was completely unexpected. She'd shown no sign of ill health. As we were bonding the rabbits, OH had been dozing on the couch. Delta screamed, he looked up and saw her collapsed. I came downstairs, tried to revive her, went upstairs with her, to tell Mum her piggie needed to see the vet. As I was talking to Mum, she passed in my hands.

Whilst it is a complete shock, I take solace in the fact that we were present during her passing. If we hadn't been bonding the rabbits, then we wouldn't have known until morning.

I feel like we are absolutely cursed when it comes to guinea pigs. :cry:

Popcorn free, little lady. I don't know why you had to go so soon, but apparently it was your time. Go join Epsie and Beta at the Bridge. xxx

sNj0Pg2.jpg

With Beta

drLVW4x.jpg

With Epsilon

dO7nopb.jpg

With Eta and Zeta

4ddpKtb.jpg

BVScs86.jpg

xo9WQvM.jpg

Last edited:
I was so sad to read this newd. So sorry you dodnt have her long but I expect her year with you was a very happy one. Popcorn free pretty girl xx

Thank you everyone. I hope Zeta and Eta fare better luck. I'm beginning to feel like we just shouldn't keep guinea pigs, as they just die on us so early. :(

Back