• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding bleu & fleur begins.....

I will need all the vibes RU can spare lol... I've set everything up now, the pen, lino, ski gloves and bonding bribing goodies. I've had to take some calls to stop me being so scared on fleur biting me again trying to get at bleu. I will try to post how things are going it they give me a minute from trying to fight. I hope the photos work.
9zLXt3R
Qoh3boN
http://imgur.com/a/49mVCID

I will need all the vibes RU can spare lol... I've set everything up now, the pen, lino, ski gloves and bonding bribing goodies. I've had to take some calls to stop me being so scared on fleur biting me again trying to get at bleu. I will try to post how things are going it they give me a minute from trying to fight. I hope the photos work.
9zLXt3R
Qoh3boN
http://imgur.com/a/49mVCID

Loads and loads of super-special bonding vibes :)

Love the gloves :love:

Sending lots and lots of peaceful bonding vibes. I hope it goes better than you anticipate.

Ooh good luck with Bleu and the feisty Fleur. Hopefully they'll both fall for each other finally. Sending the vibes I can spare!

Well last night was officially the worst of my life I think. All these buns want to do it fight. The ski gloves have saved any bun getting bitten but a 5.30am I went in the garden for some more puppy panels and made a bigger pen with a divide down the middle.
Whenever one of them moved the other thought they were going to attack so attacked them first. I think they need to start from scratch with the basics. They are just both in a mood with being caged so are concentrating on finding a way out more than looking at each other. I am going to stay downstairs with them like this.
I really think that it they wasn't scared of each other they could bond.

Well last night was officially the worst of my life I think. All these buns want to do it fight. The ski gloves have saved any bun getting bitten but a 5.30am I went in the garden for some more puppy panels and made a bigger pen with a divide down the middle.
Whenever one of them moved the other thought they were going to attack so attacked them first. I think they need to start from scratch with the basics. They are just both in a mood with being caged so are concentrating on finding a way out more than looking at each other. I am going to stay downstairs with them like this.
I really think that it they wasn't scared of each other they could bond.

Shame someone won't take them off your hands and do the bonding for you. It's stressful when fighting happens ...

I think they need a sedative. Or maybe you do? :)

I've got over my fear now I know the gloves work lol... It's just the fear of her hurting bleu. I would love someone to bond them but I think they would say they are a lost cause :lol: I'm not willing to give up because I really really don't want anymore buns and I can't stand the thought of these being on their own. Especially fleur locked in our bedroom all day.

I've got over my fear now I know the gloves work lol... It's just the fear of her hurting bleu. I would love someone to bond them but I think they would say they are a lost cause :lol: I'm not willing to give up because I really really don't want anymore buns and I can't stand the thought of these being on their own. Especially fleur locked in our bedroom all day.

I would go for a bigger space with lots and lots of piles of food. Glad the gloves helped.

Not that I am any kind of expert.

I'm so sad to read the update. It must be so frustrating and disheartening. However, the fact that you still want to persevere and believe there's a root cause behind it makes me feel and hope you'll get to the bottom of it all. As well as food, is it possible to distract them with fuss and attention, too?

I'm so sad to read the update. It must be so frustrating and disheartening. However, the fact that you still want to persevere and believe there's a root cause behind it makes me feel and hope you'll get to the bottom of it all. As well as food, is it possible to distract them with fuss and attention, too?

I tried the fuss but they were just dodging me lol.. I am just going to have to be patient i think. I really don't want them to be lonely buns and it's just not possible for me to exceed 13. I'm just going to have to keep them in this but I will have to let them out one at a time but still in the same room soon. I feel really cruel with how small this is.

I'm going for the bigger space when they are ok with each other without the mesh on the divide. I tried mountains of food last night lol... I just kept putting it in when they fought. Here's what they are in now. http://imgur.com/ubb73pV

Awww sweet big bunnies :love:

A small space isn't forever. When I bonded my quad a few weeks back they were in a small space and they just did nothing but all sit together in the litter tray. I was really surprised they didn't argue with me about being free, as none of them had ever been cooped up whilst living here ... I could see they were very bored though.

I'm really sorry to read that this is proving to be a tough bond [emoji17] I'm really hoping your perseverance pays pays off.

Just to give you a bit of encouragement, when my buns had been bonded for about three months they unexpectedly started fighting. After a few days apart I rebonded them from scratch. The first night was just awful. They constantly went for each other. I aged about a hundred years in one night! Eventually they calmed down and were successfully rebonded. So don't give up hope!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for that, I think I needed the encouragement lol.. They both settled to the small space and are now sat side by side with the divide still meshed. I have to finish daisys shed today so have put a mesh roof on.
The fighting through the mesh has stopped about 3am so I MIGHT remove the double mesh on the divide if things continue.
Hubby took over at 8am so I've had a couple of hours sleep so I can stay awake tonight if i remove the mesh.
I really don't understand them, they copy each other like a bonded pair, washing when the other washes. Even copying the position they lie in. Funny bunnys :lol:

I'm glad to hear they are appearing to settle in the presence of one another. They do sound like a funny old pair (though I know neither are actually old!) I really really hope they can find common ground and soon, for your sake as well as theirs!

Back