• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Light weight run for the front lawn

tulsi

Wise Old Thumper
We have a good sized front lawn (next to a road) and I have let the grass grow quite long (the neighbours always have golf course length grass) and would love the rabbits and or guinea pigs to have a munch.

I really need a strong easily moved (by one person) run.

Suggestions very welcome.

rlyyxw.jpg

The snow was a while ago now! Not fenced in so would have to supervise the little sweeties. I may even get a fence ... not sure yet.

I’ve also considered this, my front garden is as big as the back and it’s always seemed a waste of space.
What sort of size run were you considering? The P@H ones aren’t huge and look reasonably lightweight, maybe?

If they'll be supervised and it's mainly to allow grass munching and not exercise then the P@H foldable would likely be perfect for the job.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Being a bit of a damp squib - I wouldn’t feel safe putting them in the front garden unless I was going to sit out there with them and I’m not sure you would find that practical.

Last edited:
Being a bit of a damp squid - I wouldn’t feel safe putting them in the front garden unless I was going to sit out there with them and I’m not sure you would find that practical.

This is the problem. I think the only way I could do it and feel safe would be to fence the whole garden and have a sturdy run ... not sure I am up for that (well, am sure I am not)!

This is the problem. I think the only way I could do it and feel safe would be to fence the whole garden and have a sturdy run ... not sure I am up for that (well, am sure I am not)!

I hope you didn't mind my commenting and possibly pouring cold water on your idea. I think that when we put our rabbits outside we need to feel confident that they are as safe as we can make it for them, and I don't think you would relax even if you had a very sturdy run. I can just imagine your front garden with a 6' fence round it.:shock:

I hope you didn't mind my commenting and possibly pouring cold water on your idea. I think that when we put our rabbits outside we need to feel confident that they are as safe as we can make it for them, and I don't think you would relax even if you had a very sturdy run. I can just imagine your front garden with a 6' fence round it.:shock:

I agree. It is such a waste of a nice big grassy lawn!! Waaay bigger than the back garden. Oh well.

Back