Thread: Light weight run for the front lawn

Default Light weight run for the front lawn

We have a good sized front lawn (next to a road) and I have let the grass grow quite long (the neighbours always have golf course length grass) and would love the rabbits and or guinea pigs to have a munch.

I really need a strong easily moved (by one person) run.

Suggestions very welcome.

The snow was a while ago now! Not fenced in so would have to supervise the little sweeties. I may even get a fence ... not sure yet.

I’ve also considered this, my front garden is as big as the back and it’s always seemed a waste of space.
    What sort of size run were you considering? The P@H ones aren’t huge and look reasonably lightweight, maybe?

If they'll be supervised and it's mainly to allow grass munching and not exercise then the P@H foldable would likely be perfect for the job.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk
    I'm doing the Race For Life 5k in aid of Cancer Research on the 8th July. If you'd like to sponsor me, please do at the following link: https://fundraise.cancerresearchuk.o...e-for-life-204

Ah ok will have a look.

Just seen this from runaround. A tad pricey but looks predator proof. Thoughts?

https://www.runaround.co.uk/products/8-x-4ft-run

Wise Old Thumper

Being a bit of a damp squib - I wouldn’t feel safe putting them in the front garden unless I was going to sit out there with them and I’m not sure you would find that practical.
    Last edited by Babsie; 28-04-2018 at 05:05 PM. Reason: typo!

Quote Originally Posted by tulsi View Post
    Ah ok will have a look.

Just seen this from runaround. A tad pricey but looks predator proof. Thoughts?

https://www.runaround.co.uk/products/8-x-4ft-run
    I've got that. It isn't lightweight and can be a fiddle moving it around but it is solid and well made.

Quote Originally Posted by Babsie View Post
    Being a bit of a damp squid - I wouldn’t feel safe putting them in the front garden unless I was going to sit out there with them and I’m not sure you would find that practical.
    This is the problem. I think the only way I could do it and feel safe would be to fence the whole garden and have a sturdy run ... not sure I am up for that (well, am sure I am not)!

Quote Originally Posted by HouseOfRabbit View Post
    I've got that. It isn't lightweight and can be a fiddle moving it around but it is solid and well made.
    Thank you that is very helpful.

Wise Old Thumper

Quote Originally Posted by tulsi View Post
    This is the problem. I think the only way I could do it and feel safe would be to fence the whole garden and have a sturdy run ... not sure I am up for that (well, am sure I am not)!
    I hope you didn't mind my commenting and possibly pouring cold water on your idea. I think that when we put our rabbits outside we need to feel confident that they are as safe as we can make it for them, and I don't think you would relax even if you had a very sturdy run. I can just imagine your front garden with a 6' fence round it.

Quote Originally Posted by Babsie View Post
    I hope you didn't mind my commenting and possibly pouring cold water on your idea. I think that when we put our rabbits outside we need to feel confident that they are as safe as we can make it for them, and I don't think you would relax even if you had a very sturdy run. I can just imagine your front garden with a 6' fence round it.
    I agree. It is such a waste of a nice big grassy lawn!! Waaay bigger than the back garden. Oh well.