• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding Nine - now a Quintet and maybe a Quad?

Day 4 - 11.30pm
There was a huge session of mutual grooming going on. Selene had a "grooming salon" set up and was grooming Athena and Meadow, before moving onto Neo. Neo and Selene then had a very long mutual grooming session, each one grooming the other's neck. Meadow moved onto Athena after Athena did a big dead bunny flop. Whenever I've bonded Athena, regardless of how stressful the situation has been to outsiders, she's always been like this, dead bunny flopping all over the place. Such a show-off. :love: It was lovely seeing Meadow and Selene giving her so much love. Honestly, the girls are having very very little issues with one another. Who said does were hard to bond?! ;)

At the same time, River gave Mus a good long groom. I'd hoped that this would prove to be the end of his throwing his weight around and would cause them to calm down, finally. During this time, Helios was eating (like a good rex does), while Persephone and Morpheus napped. It's also occurred to me that I think, at some point or another, I've seen virtually everyone throw a dead bunny flop, the newest guys included. :)

Day 5 - 8.20am
I am exhausted. I think I've only had about 4 hours sleep. :( Erasmus decided it was high time to start on everyone again. I'm beginning to wonder if they have "bonded" but he has a serious case of Spring Fever, or if he still doesn't realise he's Chief Rabbit. Giving them a pile of dried veg from my dehydrator has calmed them for now, but goodness knows if it'll last.

Right now, Mus and Persephone are eating. Morpheus is grooming his Persephone. River, Neo and Athena are in various states of loaf/flop/sleep. Meadow is giving Selene some love, and Helios was grooming Selene, Meadow, and himself too.

Day Five - 10.40am

Bit of a nightmare a little while ago. Athena, now, went psycho and gave Neonara a superficial scratch wound. I don't think he's in that much pain but if I see any signs of lameness etc, the group'll be off to the vets. Still loads of humping, mostly Erasmus, but Neo is getting back in the act as well. It feels like 2 steps forward, 1 step back. I knew this bond wouldn't be easy, but still.

I've reopened the "run" part for now, just to see how it changes their behaviour. I sat in there a while, and looked at Neo's leg (he bit me. :cry:) Really really bonding with Meadow now. She is so, so loving and wants all of the fuss all of the time. She's also been binkying again, and doing mini bunny 500's. At least one of them is happy.

I'm still wondering what percentage of all the humping and squabbling is dominance and what is merely Spring Fever.

Some adorable photos from last night's snuggle pile. I forgot to upload them.

NxdjsTR.jpg

CuYjqEl.jpg

SpklDoi.jpg

https://youtu.be/4tb0FkWdRL8

Day Five - 12.30pm

I just had to update, I caught some of Meadow's little binkies. :love: She's such a sweet and crazy little thing; I love it. As the video shows, I've increased the space again. There was a bit of humping but all has calmed down since Athena's accidental lashing out at Neo.

https://youtu.be/DvQyxJ59S48

Day 6 - 9.45am

Erasmus still has it in for River; he's determined to hump her. He'll still hump anyone, but River is his main target. And of course, they were bonded to one another going into this. It shows that any change in dynamic can change pre-existing bonds. But Helios and Selene equally prove some rabbits can have a completely undying bond. I've separated, rebonded them, added new rabbits, taken them away, but their bond has lasted through thick and thin. And no matter the rabbit, those 2 always manage to find common ground with new introductions. Those 2 are something pretty special.

Athena has also been pretty humpy this morning too. But she's also been grooming other rabbits, dead bunny flopping left, right, and centre, cuddling up to them.

Neonara has been going on a chinfest too. He's currently grooming Morpheus's ear. The dutches and the rexes get on great. Even Persephone is beginning to be something less of a drama queen. I think things are slowly getting better. I just kinda wish I didn't decide to do this in spring because of Spring Fever. Still, more fool me. Some of this aggression between rabbits could even just be boredom. But I think we're getting somewhere.

https://youtu.be/lkdT1EhyDjI

Sending lots more vibes. From an outsider's perspective this still seems to be going pretty well. Importantly, you've had no aggression, which has to be amazing with nine different rabbit personalities :)

Sending lots more vibes. From an outsider's perspective this still seems to be going pretty well. Importantly, you've had no aggression, which has to be amazing with nine different rabbit personalities :)

Athena is sometimes a bit mean to others. However, that is part of her personality. She's even been that way to the cats. :lol: However, she also really thrives in a bigger group. She used to self-barber when bonded with Apollo alone. Once she was in a trio with River and Erasmus (post Apollo and Takumi's passing), she stopped almost entirely. She's a weirdo, but I adore her.

But overall, for 6 days, I am absolutely stoked by how well this is going. I might dare to let them outside soon, in spite of the humping. I'm beginning to fear that some of the humping is from boredom now.

I don't know about anyone else but just watching that last video of meadows binkys the atmosphere felt more relaxed to watch when looking at those in the background too, though meadow was bouncing along no one else seemed to be on high alert. Can't wait to see them outside together

It is looking good! I kept my four indoors for nearly two weeks, but they had a really big bonding pen. They had their dirty litter trays with them when I moved them out to the shed. It was seamless.

Hope all goes really well with the big nine when they move out!

I don't know about anyone else but just watching that last video of meadows binkys the atmosphere felt more relaxed to watch when looking at those in the background too, though meadow was bouncing along no one else seemed to be on high alert. Can't wait to see them outside together

I agree with the relaxed atmosphere :love:

Love those binkies :love:

Wow it's still sounding great and it's obvious you know every single one of your buns and I'm sure you will make the right decision when it's time to move them out. I think you were a bun in a last life :lol:

Day 6 - 3.20pm

They've all had a nice and quiet morning/afternoon. Various states of floppages and groupings. Athena got a bit sassy with the others earlier, but now it's all calm as anything. I'm still being as cautious as possible, because with the size of the group, it'd be ludicrous not to be. Ideally I'd like the hutch to be ready to go before they do go outside. It feels like each day is somewhat calmer than the last, even with my sasspots in Athena, River, and Persephone. And even with Erasmus going on frequent hump fests. Right now, it feels like there is an aura of calm. I like it a lot.

tK4W3XP.jpg

Wow it's still sounding great and it's obvious you know every single one of your buns and I'm sure you will make the right decision when it's time to move them out. I think you were a bun in a last life :lol:

I'm still getting to know the newest two, but both seem very sweet, especially Meadowbloom. I think any good owner should know their animals inside out.

In the Chinese Zodiac, I was also born in the Year of the Rabbit too. Coincidence? ;) :)

Day 6 - 8.20pm

Athena's had another chase this evening. Persephone just briefly groomed Meadow, and Meadow's now grooming her back. She's doing so much less sulking in the corner, so clearly Athena is the newest diva. Of course, Erasmus has also been somewhat humpy, but more or less getting less frequent. We've had a lot of moments of calm now. We're definitely getting progressively better each day. I'm just hoping I don't get the early morning wake-up call in the morning though!

https://youtu.be/-WdafasDbcI

OpEU0S6.jpg

TOaOrND.jpg

It's sounding really positive :) is that Helios who's looking proper chilled in those last photos? (trying to match from your sig ;)) x

Am loving this thread, it’s like reality tv for rabbits! ( I don’t watch reality tv, this is much better). Hope it keeps on going well xx

Day 6 - 3.20pm

They've all had a nice and quiet morning/afternoon. Various states of floppages and groupings. Athena got a bit sassy with the others earlier, but now it's all calm as anything. I'm still being as cautious as possible, because with the size of the group, it'd be ludicrous not to be. Ideally I'd like the hutch to be ready to go before they do go outside. It feels like each day is somewhat calmer than the last, even with my sasspots in Athena, River, and Persephone. And even with Erasmus going on frequent hump fests. Right now, it feels like there is an aura of calm. I like it a lot.

tK4W3XP.jpg

I'm still getting to know the newest two, but both seem very sweet, especially Meadowbloom. I think any good owner should know their animals inside out.

In the Chinese Zodiac, I was also born in the Year of the Rabbit too. Coincidence? ;) :)

I don't think it's a coincidence lol... I always have a little read of your thread from start to finish when I need a little boost so thanks for the updates. Xxx

Back