• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding Nine - now a Quintet and maybe a Quad?

It's like early morning big brother but with rabbits haha. I'm looking forward to bonding my pair, could never do 9! More good luck vibes being sent :p

This is looking great. I was trying to work out where the ninth bun was as I could only count eight, but I think one was chilling top left throughout the video weren't they? :) x

Thank you for all the vibes and support. I am very pleased with how it's going. It could have been a nightmare and pipe dream from the off, which wouldn't have managed to get anywhere. We're still a way from moving them outside, Mus and Persephone especially have to chill out some more. There is a lot of relaxing going on, in various groups/pairings, but still too much humping/thumping/chasing.

When they do move out, I'm hoping that the new 16ft rabbit "hutch" will be ready for them to move in. We're also going to try and connect what was Persephone/Morpheus's run to what was the trio's before they move out. However, they won't be allowed all that space immediately; I don't want them to have too much space and get overzealous, so pipes will be blocked initially. All hutches which have been previously used will be vinegar washed and disinfected with pet-safe disinfectant. Persephone and Morph's hutch might even get a new lick of paint whilst I have the opportunity to do so. They'll probably start with just the 16ft hutch and a 6x8ft run which was the trio's. That'll be raked over with fresh soil prior to dressing it with hay and new covers. Then, as they settle with each expansion, I'll gradually increase into space after space until there's the whole garden. I'll be choosing a nice dry day so I can observe them each day as I extend their space, especially so on their first day out. :)

Day Three - 3.20pm

Erasmus is still very humpy, anyone is game for it. If he moves one rabbit on, either they'll settle elsewhere, or it can start a knock-on effect until they are all off and running. The video shows one of the average only a couple moving due to his behaviour. It seems any rabbit will lie next to any other rabbit at the edge to get away from him.

However, I am having to use less food to calm everyone down every few seconds. Yesterday, Mus was getting quite territorial of the crate, but he seems to be beginning to getting over that, which is fantastic. Morph is currently giving him a good groom. Meadow has Athena flopped in front of her. Neo, River, and Helios are all together.

The photos are from the past couple of hours or so...

https://youtu.be/EF4G1Azp3Pk

hMhG4VZ.jpg

Q0kkBRT.jpg

2FiR1W6.jpg

This is looking great. I was trying to work out where the ninth bun was as I could only count eight, but I think one was chilling top left throughout the video weren't they? :) x

Selene's butt is bottom left, Athena and River top left, the rest are all clearly visible. :)

There was meant to be a question mark after Athena . I'm sorry - you have 2 many buns for me to keep up with

lol yes, it is Athena, and Neo. River's paler, brown eyed, no mane. :) Neo's black dutch, and considerably bigger than Meadow, who is steel (flecked) and has a small growth over one eye. And don't worry about not being able to follow, even some of my family can't keep. :lol:

ETA: the grey/dutch in the top picture is River and Meadow (and Morph), the last 2 are very much Athena and Neo. :)

Last edited:
Looks like lovely tricolour lop wants to be boss! I have a soft spot for your white rabbit with a brown smudged nose. Very laid back in the vidios.

It all looksngood. Everyone looks alert but no agro. I am loving this thread

Day 3 - 8.50pm

Meadow has settled in very well. She started binkying in the crate, where only River and Helios were. Unfortunately, she startled River, who has been very quick to jump and startle at anyone. That started a 30 second charge around, oops! But generally Meadow loves everyone. Same with Helios really. Mus, River and now to a lesser extent, Persephone, are the ones I'm watching with concern for the future. But, I do still think it's getting better every day.

Looks like lovely tricolour lop wants to be boss! I have a soft spot for your white rabbit with a brown smudged nose. Very laid back in the vidios.

It all looksngood. Everyone looks alert but no agro. I am loving this thread

Erasmus (tri lop) definitely wants to be boss! He more or less is, but doesn't appear to know. Persephone is the other; she isn't always that calm. She can be very highly strung, just haven't caught it on camera. However, she has been getting better. There are descriptions of them all at the beginning for anyone who wants to refer!

I hope the gang are doing well today. I especially hope that Madame Persephone is getting over her diva strop and that Mus has finally tired himself out from all that humping. Much as I admire his determination to hump 8 other bunnies!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Day Four - 2.50pm
River started being a problem today/last night. Mus hasn't got over his persistent humping. River panics, and runs away, and starts everyone else off. It feels quite demoralising because River and Mus were both part of the trio (alongside Athena). In theory those 2 especially shouldn't have a problem at all, but I know that a new bond can significantly change old ones, and that's what's happening. Persephone and Neo occasionally try a hump fest too. Because River was starting a manic panic across the whole space, I've had to choose to restrict them to the crate. It feels like such a tiny space to be in, but, I know that it'll be better in the long run.

When I first shut them in just the crate, there was a lot of squabbling and humping from Mus especially, of course, with River frequently panicking. They've been in there for a couple of hours now and it feels much much calmer now. I've had a pile of 8 of 9 lying together (Morpheus being the sulk). However, he has just edged closer to them. Fingers crossed this will improve the bond much more quickly than leaving them in the entire space. Once there's been a calm 24 hours, they'll be allowed back in the whole space, and hopefully the better for it.

https://youtu.be/fHVQmDq9Ce8

ZBoj0oC.jpg

rOg6tNi.jpg

Day Four - 5.30pm
We've had a couple of squabbles in just the crate. One was at about 3.00pm and is the one I've caught on video. The other was just before dinnertime at 5pm. Now they've been fed, they seem to be either grooming or flopped. As always, it's mostly Erasmus and River being the issue now. I wish Mus would simply asked to be groomed rather than trying to assert his dominance via humping. Today has felt like a step backwards, but I guess, given the behaviour it's unfortunately a necessary step backwards. And considering the number of rabbits in the group, it's still very early days too.

https://youtu.be/LOnkvCaV4Cc - video 1, chaos
https://youtu.be/tJCEtheevRs - video 2, 10 minutes later...

i7o2yvA.jpg

group of 8, with Mus being antisocial. I've had a group of 8 with Morph being the antisocial one too. :)

Looks like they've all teamed up on Mus until he stops trying to hump them. Poor Persephone she looked like she was looking for an escape route in first vid, at least she's not your problem bun anymore

Day 4 - 10.10pm

I should have realised his name would be prophetic. :oops:

Whilst there have been some chases still this evening, they are being neutralised far quicker now. There are occasions when they are beginning to act as one unit, too. Mus has received a nice thorough head groom from Helios, that's gotta be good for him.

He's just an attention seeking diva....oh matron! my bridge tri colour Rio was attention seeking too.He did have a lovely little otter blue lop wifey who attended his needs,morning face /eye wash etc,afternoon grooming ,cuddling.He did reciprocate now and then.

He's just an attention seeking diva....oh matron! my bridge tri colour Rio was attention seeking too.He did have a lovely little otter blue lop wifey who attended his needs,morning face /eye wash etc,afternoon grooming ,cuddling.He did reciprocate now and then.

oh these boys..! I love hearing about Rio and Cleo. :love: Erasmus knows what his name means and is determined to prove he is "worthy of being loved" by any means necessary! Things are slowly getting calmer and that's good. :)

Lol... I love reading this, it's like a story unfolding and an insight into the personalities of your buns. You are far braver than me and you are doing great. Xxx

Back