Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Bonding Nine - now a Quintet and maybe a Quad?

Day One - 3.45pm

The rabbits tend to get chasey/more irritated with one another when food supplies run low. Obviously with the sheer quantity of rabbits and such a small space, I cannot supply them with a full day's worth of hay in one go. I'm topping up with forage and hay at the same time each time it gets a bit low, so they are not getting one "meal" of fresh food a day at the moment. Like guinea pigs, I feel like food can calm down rabbits in bonding.

Morph is tending to quite often be the one who goes on a mad dash and riles everyone up right now. The rest of the time he just keeps out of everyone's way. And of course, the same can be said for Persephone if she dares to venture out of her corner. But, despite being a bonded pair coming into this, neither of them is taking much solace in the other.

Helios seems to quite like Athena now, I keep seeing those 2 cuddled up. Erasmus has done a couple of dead bunny flops, but every time I so much as move to take a picture, he thinks something more exciting than having his photo taken might happen. Neo seems to like Selene and Athena, but the only buns I've seen groom one another are Neo grooming Meadow and (very briefly) Helios grooming Athena. Selene was sitting quietly next to a stompy, grunty Persephone. However, Persephone humped her, Selene hid behind Mus, who then went to hump her. The only 2 rabbits chilling together as I type are Neo and Athena. Everyone else is more or less eating, with Persephone grunting and stomping and eating. Morph, Meadow and Selene are now in a corner, the two girls milling about, Morph in a loaf. -and Meadow is grooming Morph!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tulsi View Post
    Oh how exciting. I loved bonding my quad. Tried six originally but Mottle and Peaches (an already established pair) were having none of it. That became apparant almost immediately.

I will be following this with interest. Wishing you and the rabbits the very best of luck.

Looks like your lot are doing fine. I am fascinated by the interplay between groups of animals. I recently bonded my guinea pigs (a trio, a pair and two singles) into a group of 7. It was utterly seamless.
    I do think, generally, when bonding rabbits you know more-or-less immediately if it's not going to work. After that point you just have to wait out the stomping/humping/diva behaviour (looking at you Persephone!) until everyone finds their place, especially so in big groups. That at least has been my experience. Only had 2 bond break-ups, both doe/doe pair - Athena and Elphie (who I bonded, and fell out over a satsuma), and River and Morning (who I didn't bond, and never really liked each other from the offset!)

That is a lovely size herd of piggies, I bet you're pleased with how that's gone down.
    Twitter: @tlcwrites
    Owned by:

*Nyssa & Zara cats*Aurora tortoise*Zeta & Eta guinea pigs*Rex-Rex Hamster*
    Never forgetting rabbits Nessarose, Archimedes, Lelantos, Galinda, Takumi, Apollo, Iris, and Arce

Hopping Mad - Bespoke timber homes and accessories for small pets.
    TLC's Home for Wayward Buns now has a Facebook Page! Feel free to like us for regular updates on them.

This is so interesting. I'm loving all the photos and reading what everyone is up to . I'm impressed you have all this set up in your living room.

We've often said, imagine if our buns were all a group and could go from shed to playhouse to run etc around the garden. I don't think I'm brave enough though

Good luck x

**created by my DD Lionheadlop**

Brilliant pictures

Hope it continues to go well xx

Alpha Buck

I’d love to bond my 6, but don’t think I dare. They’re in 2 trios but one is only just formed and still in reduced space. I’ll be watching your thread with interest!! Good luck! Lovely to have a big group, it’s like bunny heaven!! Xx

I am loving watching all this

Loads of wonderful good luck
    Reliable and up to date info on RHD2:
    http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...RHD2-July-2018

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...om-and-Neonara I've introduced Meadow and Neo here for anyone who wants to get a proper look at them.

My head is throbbing, so for now I've passed bonding duties over to Mum. Persephone is still a diva and ends up in her sulking corner. Mus has done another DBF. Selene, Meadow, and Morpheus seem to chill in a corner together, with Helios nearby (eating, like every good rex does!) Mum has panicked when Persephone has started everyone off again, but by the time I get downstairs it's invariably quiet. Persephone just really needs someone to put her in place. Every time Athena tries to, she runs off and sulks. More-or-less everyone else is 'over it' in terms of kicking up a stink aside from her. I think it's just a case of being very patient right now. We've got a long road ahead - and a LOT of space to re-neutralise outside!
    Owned by:

Never forgetting rabbits Nessarose, Archimedes, Lelantos, Galinda, Takumi, Apollo, Iris, and Arce

TLC's Home for Wayward Buns now has a Facebook Page! Feel free to like us for regular updates on them.

Wise Old Thumper

In my view it's all going very well It does sound as though the niggles are ones, which will calm down with time.

Sending lots more vibes and, like others, I'm finding it very interesting.

At one of the rescues I visited recently a lady adopted a family of 6 and bonded them with her existing group to make a group of 20+
    "The mind tells me this is our new reality, the heart aches for it to be just a bad dream" Frans Timmermans

I found that my quad were calmed down by very gentle hands on contact, something that they normally !oathe. That and food, as you said. I bonded them in my bedroom and if I heard chasing at night I would put the light on and hand out piles of food!

Hope all goes well.I spy Erasmus in the middle of it all x

Day 2 - 1am

Diva Persephone escaped the set-up, Mus has gone on a chase fest, but otherwise everything is okay. The drama wasn't contained to the bonding group.

Delta piggie screamed, OH woke (on bonding duty), fetched me, she died in my arms.

Arce got stuck in the pipe. I got her to butt-shuffle out.

Nyssa cat has stolen my pillow.

Bah, please let the day get better.
    Owned by: