• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding Nine - now a Quintet and maybe a Quad?

Very sorry about delta piggy. This has been a dream of mine to bond my 7 outside buns together. I would only have to take one panel out and they could share both sheds and both aviarys. I will be watching this with excitement and also referring back to it if/when I bond my outside buns.
I really hope this works because you really have had all your buns best interests at heart and if anyone can do this you can.
Can I just say you have a BEAUTIFUL set of buns there. :love: bonding vibes by the ton.

I'm very sorry about Delta :(

Sending lots more vibes for the bonding today. It is still sounding positive :)

Sweet dreams Delta piggy.

Your bond is fascinating. Like Tulsi's buns my three calmed down with strokes (& mountains of forage). They all huddle together & look at me when they want something (to eat) - I reckon they know it pleases me & I wonder if they learnt this through bonding

Day 2 - 1am

Diva Persephone escaped the set-up, Mus has gone on a chase fest, but otherwise everything is okay. The drama wasn't contained to the bonding group.

Delta piggie screamed, OH woke (on bonding duty), fetched me, she died in my arms.

Arce got stuck in the pipe. I got her to butt-shuffle out.

Nyssa cat has stolen my pillow.

Bah, please let the day get better.

I'm so sorry to hear about Delta piggy. Run free lovely one :love:

Day Two - 3.20pm
Firstly thank you for all the well-wishes regarding Delta's passing. Completely unexpected and saddening.

However, back to the main task in hand:

Things have got a lot quieter throughout today. Lots of DBFs from various rabbits (Helios, Mus, Athena, Meadow) and general relaxed loafing. However, it's still not "all is calm" all of the time yet. The troublemaker is now Erasmus. He and his girls tend to stay in the dog crate, everybun else is curled up together. Athena sometimes is in one or the other. Mus seems to like starting on Athena and River, and Athena especially does not like it. Her irritation passes onto Persephone who then goes charging, along with everyone else. However, based on behaviour thus far today, I'm moderately comfortable that we will be able to improve upon this. I'm definitely a lot happier with it now than I was yesterday. Neo seems to really like Selene still, although right now he's comfy next to Helios, and he's free and easy with the grooms for other rabbits now. Morphs having a good groom. Persephone has been evicted from her sulking corner by the trio, and River especially. I haven't had to give them additional food anywhere near as much today as yesterday, and the chasing sessions do feel like they are getting shorter, so I'm pleased. I really, really hope/need this to work out - not just for their sake, but for mine too.

Pictures from throughout today:

YNxKB7o.jpg

MwuVM1j.jpg

Qs4Llxi.jpg

b6kTHnC.jpg

It sounds really good so far. I guess when they are bonded (I am optimistic) some will be a lot closer than others compared to mini groups of 3 or 4. Loving the photos

I'm so interested in this. Thanks so much for sharing. So sorry to hear about your piggie x

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

Day 2 - 6.30pm

Just thought I'd post a video of their behaviour at the moment. Erasmus Chipper is the one buzzing around but mostly it's calm, I think. What are everyone else's thoughts?

That's incredible seeing them all like that and it looking pretty calm.

The little Dutchy at the front looks pretty chilled. Persephone is obviously keeping you on your toes :) x

Amazing video, they really do look chilled out. It’s really weird to see so many different rabbits together - usually a group like that is a mum and litter, all the same or similar breeds. As the others have said you are doing this in their best interests, if it works - and it’s looking good - they’ll have so much space and a lovely life.

Watching that video, I kept thinking you’ll be finding hay amongst your ornaments for years to come :p

Day Three - 12.45pm

It was a rather busy night, lots of chasing. To be honest, it is all mostly Erasmus who is the problem. He just wants to keep asserting dominance, with a serious amount of humping. Persephone is also being a complete sass monster. I've secured the top of the pen better now in attempt to stop her from escaping. There's been a lot of grooming of various rabbits. Some of it is the preexisting groups, others being "new" relationships. This is making me really happy. :) The dutches and the (standard) rexes seem to be very fond of each other. I do think the chasing is slowly getting less frequent, but I just wish Mus would calm down and stop with the humping.

I agree, it is not just breed variation, but colour. It makes me smile. Although I was told Helios and Selene were related, I believe the only "relation" they had was being an ex-breeding pair. And thus, I think not one of them is related.

Another video:

https://youtu.be/9XANKNC85oU

And some more photos:

ClXjzYA.jpg

wdngFY2.jpg

j2D4ygZ.jpg

The last video is so relaxing to watch/listen to - I could have it on a loop and use it as a meditation video!

It looks like it’s going wonderfully well. Are you worried about territorial problems when you move them outside? Are you doing any special cleaning or rearranging to try and minimise this? It’s fascinating watching this unfold, thank you for sharing xx

It looks like it's going really well. In the video they all look really relaxed. You must be thrilled with how well they're doing, especially as it's only day three. I hope Persephone starts to chill out a bit more soon. And keep it in your pants Mus!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back