• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Snugglesafe warren?

Leannean27

Alpha Buck
Has anyone bought a snuggle safe Warren, are they any good? I'm currently looking at it on petplanet website, it's a cube and comes with two pipes with another hole to attach another pipe if you wanted. My run came yesterday so once painted and screwed together it can be used :D

The pipes are very thin and don’t last long if your rabbits are chewers. Once chewed, the wire supports are exposed. I threw mine away after 3 days.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Unfortunately I have to agree. We had one of the tunnels (without the cube) and ended up binning it because it got chewed and I was worried about them ingesting the plastic. There's some scathing one star reviews on amazon :( x

What sort of thing have you used instead? I don't really want to get willow tunnels as they usually get demonised pretty quickly, I'm going to get a polyester type tunnel which I have had before and eventually a small runaround system. Don't really know what else to put in the run

My boys are not chewers, but I did find that buying the cube and two tubes compared to buying the one tube was rubbish, the two tubes are basically the long tube chopped in half. My tubes have lasted since the boys came in August with very little sign of damage. I also found ebay the cheapest.

Would definitely recommend popping your head through any raodwork fencing and asking if they've any 6" pipe offcuts! We saw some lovely manholes inners the other day that would be amazing as the 'cube' bit but I doubt they'd let us have one at £250 each :lol: But the offcuts on the pipes will just be binned, so they're usually more than happy to give them away.

I’ve got one of these:

http://hop-inn.co.uk

I’m really impressed with it and I’m going to get more of the tunnels for my other buns plus the cube and the wooden hide. I’ve got mine in the shed - it does say you can use them outside as well - maybe in a covered run on slabs?

Back