Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Fran is going to the Bridge:(

Sounds like you have fantastic neighbours. Glad to hear a positive update.

I don't know if it's any help to you, but one of my boys had urine scald (he had a big stone in his bladder, unbeknown to me) and I used a trimmer to keep his underneath clear of hair, then washed and dried and used Sudocreme (a nappy rash cream) on his skin. It's very soothing, and keeps the wet away. The only downside is it's a bit like lard on the skin, and is quite hard to wipe away, but it definitely helped him stay free of scald.

Topping up vibes for your girl.x

Topping up the vibes x
    Reliable and up to date info on RHD2:
    An extensive and comprehensive guide to all things RHD2 - Please Vaccinate!
    http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...RHD2-July-2018

Warren Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Pippin'sMum View Post
    I don't know if it's any help to you, but one of my boys had urine scald (he had a big stone in his bladder, unbeknown to me) and I used a trimmer to keep his underneath clear of hair, then washed and dried and used Sudocreme (a nappy rash cream) on his skin. It's very soothing, and keeps the wet away. The only downside is it's a bit like lard on the skin, and is quite hard to wipe away, but it definitely helped him stay free of scald.
    I used to put sudocreme on and the vet told me not to. Can't remember why now - something about it being sticky I think. Poor Fran does look sore though. She seems to just be sitting in the urine when she is indoors. Outside it soaks into the ground so there isn't the same problem. I can't put rearguard on her when she is so sore. At the moment I am off work so can keep checking on her and there are no flies around at all but I am worried about what will happen when I go back to work. I think she may have to stay inside, although I know indoor buns can still get fly strike.

Vibes from me as well, your neighbour really does sound lovely

Wise Old Thumper Barn Yard Bunnies's Avatar

Sending millions of vibes. Xxx

Hi Rihanna
    Sorry to hear you have a poorly bunny. It's horrible when they are so sore too. I just joined up to say that you can get a much thinner version of Sudocrem in a tube, goes on easier and less sticky. The other suggestion I have is to ask your vet if Cavilon would be suitable for Frangipan. I used to use it when I was nursing, it creates an invisible barrier on the skin, originally used for patients with colostomy bags to protect the skin from becoming sore with urine scald and repeated removal of said bags. Comes in a spray or wipes as I recall but was only on prescription then. Obviously check with your vet about all this but thought I would suggest it. I also found puppy pads with a cheap hand towel over it that could be washed and changed easily helped when one of my elderly bunnies became less mobile. The towel helped with grip as puppy pads can be quite smooth and slippery for some buns. Hope things get better soon

I use vet bed for my guinea pig that has arthritic legs and sits for long periods of time.

Here she is on a cage liner with an absorbent layer inside.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhianna View Post
    I used to put sudocreme on and the vet told me not to. Can't remember why now - something about it being sticky I think. Poor Fran does look sore though. She seems to just be sitting in the urine when she is indoors. Outside it soaks into the ground so there isn't the same problem. I can't put rearguard on her when she is so sore. At the moment I am off work so can keep checking on her and there are no flies around at all but I am worried about what will happen when I go back to work. I think she may have to stay inside, although I know indoor buns can still get fly strike.

I don't like Sudocreme either, though I know my vet recommends it!

Creams for urine scald ...

http://www.hyperdrug.co.uk/Derbymed-...nfo/DERBYMSCP/
    Derbymed SCP Spray 200ml is a soothing, antiseptic wound spray that removes excessive moisture from open wounds and aids in the management of cuts, sores and proud flesh.

This cream has analgesic (pain killing) properties:

http://www.vetuk.co.uk/veterinary-su...am-30ml-p-7773

This has been recommended by someone on here as very good:

https://vitaltouch.com/product/natal...m-butter-60ml/

I have also used vet bed for this kind of thing, and it wicks away the moisture
    Reliable and up to date info on RHD2:
    An extensive and comprehensive guide to all things RHD2 - Please Vaccinate!
    http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...RHD2-July-2018