• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Any ideas welcome!

mrsmag

New Kit
Hi all. My 2 gorgeous boys are a delight-but I have failed miserably with litter training. They both use the same corner of their run but every time I introduce a tray, they literally throw it aside! I've tried different trays(I now have quite a collection!) I also tried weighting one down with a very attractive stone-some great teamwork soon got rid of that! Before I give up completely has anyone any advice?

Have you tried a large tray such as an underbed storage box, dog bed or potting tray?

I know it’s expensive but how about the wooden MPH litter tray/hay rack or similar? Even my Dennis, who is an Olympic thrower, can’t move that one.

I use three underbed storage boxes for my four. 32 litre ones from Tesco.

They have a magazine rack for their hay.

2vjd1q8.jpg

wv8hf9.jpg

dm34li.jpg

If you put hay in the litter tray this might encourage them to use it as bunnies like to chew while they (I'll let you guess what) :lol:

Am going to get some under bed boxes tomorrow and try with them will let you know if that works! The mph set up looks good. Thanks for all your help.

So-under bed box purchased and-----been manhandled and moved! I was so hoping the boys wouldn't be able to shift it! I filled it with hay at one end and they were straight in and chomping! When they'd had enough, the furniture removal began! I can almost hear 'to me, to you'!!

I used to put a couple of bricks in the litter trays when I had a rabbit who liked to move them!

Update! So they shifted the under bed tray as I said, and I moved it the other way around just as an experiment - have just been out to say Goodnight -and it's full of poop! Fingers crossed, the boys just didn't like the way I had put it! As my husband says, they've got me wrapped around their fingers and are ttp! Don't you just love em! Happy weekend everyone😀

Update! So they shifted the under bed tray as I said, and I moved it the other way around just as an experiment - have just been out to say Goodnight -and it's full of poop! Fingers crossed, the boys just didn't like the way I had put it! As my husband says, they've got me wrapped around their fingers and are ttp! Don't you just love em! Happy weekend everyone��

Awww bless them

I use bricks outside the boxes to keep them in place. Sounds like your rabbits have got things set out to their liking now!

Back