• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Valentine - one of the rew8

x-vic-x

Mama Doe
To say I am heartbroken is an understatement, today I had to let my Valentine go. He was nearly 11 years old and probably the most amazing bunny I have ever met. He lived a traumatic life to begin with starting out in a lab, before being liberated. He came to me as a foster bunny on 14th February 2008. He was then taken into police custody for 6 months, I will always remember the 2 detectives turning up to take him away. I never thought I would see him and his brother again. He was returned to my care on 31st October 2008 and that is where his life really began. I could never let him go anywhere again. He loved his food, loved his bunny wife Oreo and was truly amazing. He never had a days illness in his life, we thought he wouldn't cope without Oreo but he was so determined to keep going. Yesterday he lost the use of his back legs although he still managed to eat all his dinner, and put his head down for his nose rubs before bed. Today we let him go the hardest thing I've had to do, but it was the last thing I could to do for him. We will always remember you Valentine, such a gentle, loving bunny right to the end.

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss.

I'm certain that the life you gave Valentine was incomparable to the atrocities he (would have) faced in the lab.

Binky free, Valentine - one special bun. x

Thinking of you. x

Rest in peace, Valentine.
I'd heard your story before, I'm sure.
I'm sorry for your loss, x-vic-x, and glad that you and Valentine found each other.

To say I am heartbroken is an understatement, today I had to let my Valentine go. He was nearly 11 years old and probably the most amazing bunny I have ever met. He lived a traumatic life to begin with starting out in a lab, before being liberated. He came to me as a foster bunny on 14th February 2008. He was then taken into police custody for 6 months, I will always remember the 2 detectives turning up to take him away. I never thought I would see him and his brother again. He was returned to my care on 31st October 2008 and that is where his life really began. I could never let him go anywhere again. He loved his food, loved his bunny wife Oreo and was truly amazing. He never had a days illness in his life, we thought he wouldn't cope without Oreo but he was so determined to keep going. Yesterday he lost the use of his back legs although he still managed to eat all his dinner, and put his head down for his nose rubs before bed. Today we let him go the hardest thing I've had to do, but it was the last thing I could to do for him. We will always remember you Valentine, such a gentle, loving bunny right to the end.

Oh I am so sorry :(

Run free Valentine, you special bunny :love:

Valentine sounds an inspirational bun, I can imagine his loss will leave a big hole. Sleep tight gorgeous boy

Oh my goodness I remember the REWs so well. I am really sorry to hear of Valentine's passing :cry: What a wonderful life you gave him. He was obviously an exceptionally special Rabbit and he will live on in your heart forever. The bond we have with an extra special Rabbit cannot be broken by death, the bond is indestructible and eternal xx

So sorry to read this Vicky. How amazing that he had such a long life to try and offset the terrible start he had. Sadly he was in police custody when I visited Tink's family so I didn't have the honour of meeting him.

Back