Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Valentine - one of the rew8

Default Valentine - one of the rew8

To say I am heartbroken is an understatement, today I had to let my Valentine go. He was nearly 11 years old and probably the most amazing bunny I have ever met. He lived a traumatic life to begin with starting out in a lab, before being liberated. He came to me as a foster bunny on 14th February 2008. He was then taken into police custody for 6 months, I will always remember the 2 detectives turning up to take him away. I never thought I would see him and his brother again. He was returned to my care on 31st October 2008 and that is where his life really began. I could never let him go anywhere again. He loved his food, loved his bunny wife Oreo and was truly amazing. He never had a days illness in his life, we thought he wouldn't cope without Oreo but he was so determined to keep going. Yesterday he lost the use of his back legs although he still managed to eat all his dinner, and put his head down for his nose rubs before bed. Today we let him go the hardest thing I've had to do, but it was the last thing I could to do for him. We will always remember you Valentine, such a gentle, loving bunny right to the end.

Could you offer one of our bunnies in care a forever home?? RSPCA Walsall Bunnies

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss.

I'm certain that the life you gave Valentine was incomparable to the atrocities he (would have) faced in the lab.

Binky free, Valentine - one special bun. x

Thinking of you. x

Wise Old Thumper

Rest in peace, Valentine.
    I'd heard your story before, I'm sure.
    I'm sorry for your loss, x-vic-x, and glad that you and Valentine found each other.

I’m so sorry you lost him he ended up having a great life

Binky free at the bridge Boots, you will never be forgotten xxxx
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

Quote Originally Posted by x-vic-x View Post
    To say I am heartbroken is an understatement, today I had to let my Valentine go. He was nearly 11 years old and probably the most amazing bunny I have ever met. He lived a traumatic life to begin with starting out in a lab, before being liberated. He came to me as a foster bunny on 14th February 2008. He was then taken into police custody for 6 months, I will always remember the 2 detectives turning up to take him away. I never thought I would see him and his brother again. He was returned to my care on 31st October 2008 and that is where his life really began. I could never let him go anywhere again. He loved his food, loved his bunny wife Oreo and was truly amazing. He never had a days illness in his life, we thought he wouldn't cope without Oreo but he was so determined to keep going. Yesterday he lost the use of his back legs although he still managed to eat all his dinner, and put his head down for his nose rubs before bed. Today we let him go the hardest thing I've had to do, but it was the last thing I could to do for him. We will always remember you Valentine, such a gentle, loving bunny right to the end.

Oh I am so sorry

Run free Valentine, you special bunny
    Up to date and comprehensive info on RHD2:
    http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...16-Sept/page14
    An extensive guide to all things RHD2 - Please Vaccinate!

Valentine sounds an inspirational bun, I can imagine his loss will leave a big hole. Sleep tight gorgeous boy

Quote Originally Posted by x-vic-x View Post
    Oh my goodness I remember the REWs so well. I am really sorry to hear of Valentine's passing What a wonderful life you gave him. He was obviously an exceptionally special Rabbit and he will live on in your heart forever. The bond we have with an extra special Rabbit cannot be broken by death, the bond is indestructible and eternal xx

Myxomatosis , RHD1 & RHD2 - Vaccinations are ESSENTIAL to protect your Rabbit(s)

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...rum-Moderator)

Rabbit Welfare Association & Fund (RWAF)~ Britains Biggest and Best Organisation for Everyone who Loves Rabbits

https://rabbitwelfare.co.uk/

RWAF Fundraising Auction 2018~ Watch this space for details !

Wise Old Thumper

I am very sorry
    "The mind tells me this is our new reality, the heart aches for it to be just a bad dream" Frans Timmermans

So sorry to read this Vicky. How amazing that he had such a long life to try and offset the terrible start he had. Sadly he was in police custody when I visited Tink's family so I didn't have the honour of meeting him.
    My heart is in a thousand pieces for my soulmate stopped running today (22.05.13)

I'm sorry for your loss,but what a great life you gave him in the end.Binky free Valentine.x