• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Toy making materials, which are safe?

Hi all, my godson is coming over one day to make bunny toys out of some poplar that has been ‘pre-stripped’ (thx Celly and Poppet]. I’m looking for suggestions for rabbit safe rope/twine, joining materials, glues etc so we can turn these half nibbled sticks into fun things for the bunnies. Any ideas on the safest materials to use? Thanks all xx

He'd still do a better job than me! You could also use cable ties if you have any of those lying around and sure you can make animal friendly glue with flour and water or similar (you'll need to research that). Could also use good old toilet/ kitchen tubes and make them a bridge to go under. Am I getting too into this?... :lol:

Child safe glues are fine to use with buns - just use the smallest amount possible.

Sisal rope is great - I've got some laying around which I got to make toys with.... I've only used a tiny amount.
Same as Sisal string - avoid cotton as it's too thin and causes problems if ingested.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Thanks all, I’ve gone with the sisal rope. I’m cutting the poplar branches into chunks then drilling them and dying with nontoxic food dyes, the rope will be perfect to string them into wired and wonderful structure :lol: xx

Back