Thread: Can an Outdoor Rabbit Have Fleece?

New Kit

Default Can an Outdoor Rabbit Have Fleece?

My 8 year old male, Captain, lives in a hutch with a wooden floor. Over the wood I put vinyl tiles so it would be easier to clean. However, the vinyl tiles aren't soft, and the only place he has woodshavings is in his litterbox and the base of his bedroom. I don't want woodshavings all over the cage because it gets dusty. An alternative I know about is fleece, but he lives outdoors. Can I put fleece liners down?

Mama Doe

Yes he can have fleece if he won't eat it. My buns have got comfort but chose to sit on the floor lol... Fleece is great because it can easily be chucked into the washer.

My 4 all wee on anything soft and chew it so keep an eye on that. Also fleece may get a bit damp in winter. My lot have hay in their litter trays and often lie in them to relax. Their shed has a lino floor.

I have indoor bunnies and have lots of fleeces and throws on the floor. They absolutly love them, and will lie outright on them. I’ve never had any trouble with eating them!
    Rest in peace my beautiful fur babies - Tango, Whiskey, Harvey & Honey **Forever in my heart**

Yes Certainly! However if the weather is really cold i would recommend putting another layer of fleece down and heat pad , and if it gets TOO cold in the winter then , i suggest using straw. As its good for insulation !