• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Morpheus isn't eating

tlcwrites

Mama Doe
In a slight feeling of deja vu, Morpheus Seahorse has decided that now is the time to refuse to eat. :roll: Just back from the vets, he's received two injections and been sent home with some emeprid. Morph is terribly shy, so I don't think he's going to be as easy to treat as Arce. :(

Vibes would be appreciated. xxx

Really sorry to hear this :( lots of vibes being sent xx

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Sending lots of vibes for Morpheus. I hope the meds work quickly and he's soon back to eating normally.

Morph has eaten a little bit independently now. Of all things, some of the smallest twigs off a hazel branch I foraged. Then, Persephone decided to start trying to toss it in his face. Weirdos. I also managed to encourage him to eat a couple of pellets, but it really doesn't take much to spook him and he was soon off. Just hope he continues to eat and regain appetite.

In a slight feeling of deja vu, Morpheus Seahorse has decided that now is the time to refuse to eat. :roll: Just back from the vets, he's received two injections and been sent home with some emeprid. Morph is terribly shy, so I don't think he's going to be as easy to treat as Arce. :(

Vibes would be appreciated. xxx

Many many vibes xx I hope all is well soon.

Hugs for you tlc x

Morpheus ate an additional meal willingly at 9.30. Some bramble, parsley and readigrass. Wifebun Persephone also appreciated the additional meal! I didn't give him the late evening dose of emeprid because of his nature. If he'd been more sniffy about it, of course I would've done. However, as he was eating for himself, I didn't want to trigger a regression through his hated handling.

Hoping he continues as he means to go on, and today was just a blip!

Sorry I'm late to this.
Glad to read he ate his extra meal willingly.

Sending vibes that he's continued to improve x

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Lovely Morpheus Seahorse is eating properly this morning. Will be keeping a close eye on him in the coming days, nevertheless. I'm glad we got him to the vets as swiftly as we did. I think it could potentially made all of the difference.

Lovely Morpheus Seahorse is eating properly this morning. Will be keeping a close eye on him in the coming days, nevertheless. I'm glad we got him to the vets as swiftly as we did. I think it could potentially made all of the difference.

Well done you!

We don't need additional problems in life, if they can be averted :)

Back