Thread: Hanging toy / feeder

Default Hanging toy / feeder

I wanted something so that my boys have to stretch to eat. I got some hard plastic "chain" with pegs attached with cable ties and then fastened to the roof of the run. I can attach veggies, toys, sticks and fruit to it.

20180418_091539[1] by mark andra, on Flickr

I have tried to make sure that the boys can not get their head over the chain - but it has a lot of "give" in it to try and minimise risks.

20180418_091742[1] by mark andra, on Flickr

Cable ties cut off to prevent chewing

20180418_091818[1] by mark andra, on Flickr

If the boys do pull to hard on the chain / toys etc it will come down but I feel that ensures they can not get tangled in it. The whole length is about 2 feet long and holds 14 pegs

Hope you dont mind me sharing I was just really pleased that the boys have to work for their veg

It's a reason we love the run we have: we can dangle stuff down! Awesome idea!
    The geeky one...

Often available for bunny runs: PM for details.

Wise Old Thumper

You do love your rabbits don't you. Bless 'em!

Brilliant

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk
    Even the strongest need to have a day of weakness

Mama Doe

That's fantastic. Where did you get the chain and pegs from I would love to copy your idea for my outside buns. If you don't mind that is

Quote Originally Posted by willow and squiggles View Post
    That's fantastic. Where did you get the chain and pegs from I would love to copy your idea for my outside buns. If you don't mind that is
    Next door had bought the chain. I have found similar online at https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/White-and-R...d=322243584730
    I think it was just from the local garden centre (perhaps selling it by meter for you)

Mama Doe

Quote Originally Posted by Cuthbert&Dillon View Post
    Next door had bought the chain. I have found similar online at https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/White-and-R...d=322243584730
    I think it was just from the local garden centre (perhaps selling it by meter for you)
    Thank you I will have a go at that. Xxx

Brilliant idea - definitely trying this

I have found that trimmed carrots, melon skin, leafy veg, all hang very well, but small apples off the tree hung up by their stalks just caused chaos as the boys could not get their teeth into them. I ended up taking them down but I did laugh at Cuthberts faces as he tried to get hold of it,