• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hanging toy / feeder

I wanted something so that my boys have to stretch to eat. I got some hard plastic "chain" with pegs attached with cable ties and then fastened to the roof of the run. I can attach veggies, toys, sticks and fruit to it.

20180418_091539[1] by mark andra, on Flickr

I have tried to make sure that the boys can not get their head over the chain - but it has a lot of "give" in it to try and minimise risks.

20180418_091742[1] by mark andra, on Flickr

Cable ties cut off to prevent chewing

20180418_091818[1] by mark andra, on Flickr

If the boys do pull to hard on the chain / toys etc it will come down but I feel that ensures they can not get tangled in it. The whole length is about 2 feet long and holds 14 pegs

Hope you dont mind me sharing I was just really pleased that the boys have to work for their veg

I have found that trimmed carrots, melon skin, leafy veg, all hang very well, but small apples off the tree hung up by their stalks just caused chaos as the boys could not get their teeth into them. I ended up taking them down but I did laugh at Cuthberts faces as he tried to get hold of it,

Back