• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Runaround

Pippin'sMum

Alpha Buck
After I lost my doe Apple a while ago, I was turning over in my mind what to do with her accommodation. She lived in a 6' x 6' garden shed, with a grass run attached which is 8' x 12'. Unfortunately because this set-up is quite a few years old it's in poor condition, so I did think of getting rid of it. Another idea was to attach Toffee and Parsley's run to it with a Runaround tube, to make their accommodation twice as big. This is what I have done, although I'm using the shed for storage, so they don't have access to that, just the grass run. It's not been used since the end of January, and the grass is quite long. I got the stuff and attached the run today, with 'assistance' from Parsley, who's always under my feet keeping an eye on anything new and exciting. It looks ok, but they absolutely love it, whizzing back and forth through the tunnel and binkying about in the new run. I got the larger tunnel it's 8" diameter, as Toffee is *ahem* quite a big girl. I'll put some pics on when I get round to setting up a method of posting photos. It was surprisingly easy to fit, I have attached it 'mesh to mesh' so basically just cut holes in the mesh of each run and fitted the tube between them.

On another note, I put a thread on a while ago about Parsley's elbow, and a referral to Sarah Pellett. We have an appointment now on 8th May for her to examine him and give me some advice about future options for him. I took him to my own vet last week, as I think the metacam is insufficient now. I think maybe amputation is the only answer for him, to get rid of the problem. Of course she is the one to give me definite prognosis, and she will do the op if she thinks that's the best option.

Good idea :) We have some Runaround and there's nothing quite like the sound of them running through it!

All the best for a decision about Parsley x

After I lost my doe Apple a while ago, I was turning over in my mind what to do with her accommodation. She lived in a 6' x 6' garden shed, with a grass run attached which is 8' x 12'. Unfortunately because this set-up is quite a few years old it's in poor condition, so I did think of getting rid of it. Another idea was to attach Toffee and Parsley's run to it with a Runaround tube, to make their accommodation twice as big. This is what I have done, although I'm using the shed for storage, so they don't have access to that, just the grass run. It's not been used since the end of January, and the grass is quite long. I got the stuff and attached the run today, with 'assistance' from Parsley, who's always under my feet keeping an eye on anything new and exciting. It looks ok, but they absolutely love it, whizzing back and forth through the tunnel and binkying about in the new run. I got the larger tunnel it's 8" diameter, as Toffee is *ahem* quite a big girl. I'll put some pics on when I get round to setting up a method of posting photos. It was surprisingly easy to fit, I have attached it 'mesh to mesh' so basically just cut holes in the mesh of each run and fitted the tube between them.

On another note, I put a thread on a while ago about Parsley's elbow, and a referral to Sarah Pellett. We have an appointment now on 8th May for her to examine him and give me some advice about future options for him. I took him to my own vet last week, as I think the metacam is insufficient now. I think maybe amputation is the only answer for him, to get rid of the problem. Of course she is the one to give me definite prognosis, and she will do the op if she thinks that's the best option.

Your accommodation sounds like a real hit :thumb:

I have thought about Parsley. I'm sorry the Metacam isn't up to the job any more. These decisions are never easy. I've one of my own to make regarding a rabbit and you know that there are risks etc so it's invaluable to have a good vet on board :)

Thank you MM, it certainly is not an easy decision, but I feel I have no choice but to take him down to see Sarah. It's about one and a half to two hours journey, which is stressful enough for him, but I'm struggling to see any alternative. My vet is good with rabbits, but told me he was not prepared to operate as he didn't feel confident enough to do it.

Thank you MM, it certainly is not an easy decision, but I feel I have no choice but to take him down to see Sarah. It's about one and a half to two hours journey, which is stressful enough for him, but I'm struggling to see any alternative. My vet is good with rabbits, but told me he was not prepared to operate as he didn't feel confident enough to do it.

I respect any vet who will accept their limitations. It's a good thing. My usual vet wouldn't take teeth out and referred me elsewhere, which I was very glad of :)

Will you take Toffee as well, or just Parsley?

Back