• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pet Remedy

orangediva

Mama Doe
Does anyone use this for rabbits during bonding or when you have a new or ill bunny?

I’m looking at the battery operated atomiser for the shed - has anyone used this? My one qualm is that some of the reviews say it makes their pets (and them) jump when it goes off (every half an hour). I’d obviously put it high up and out of reach of little teeth.

I used a Feliway diffuser after Oscar was hospitalised with bladder problems last year and when bringing home Lily and her two 5 week old kittens - my resident cats weren’t exactly impressed but intros went off pretty well really and they are all fine now. It’s hard to measure but I felt it helped and wondered if Pet Remedy might help my new boy. I know it’s essential oil based rather than pheromone based like Feliway.

Does anyone use this for rabbits during bonding or when you have a new or ill bunny?

I’m looking at the battery operated atomiser for the shed - has anyone used this? My one qualm is that some of the reviews say it makes their pets (and them) jump when it goes off (every half an hour). I’d obviously put it high up and out of reach of little teeth.

I used a Feliway diffuser after Oscar was hospitalised with bladder problems last year and when bringing home Lily and her two 5 week old kittens - my resident cats weren’t exactly impressed but intros went off pretty well really and they are all fine now. It’s hard to measure but I felt it helped and wondered if Pet Remedy might help my new boy. I know it’s essential oil based rather than pheromone based like Feliway.

I have never used it myself but I know of a few people who have and they believe that it helped a bit :)

DaphnePhoebe uses is, and some others have found it helpful. Others find the smell overpowering (so probably quite strong for the rabbit?)

I have looked into the scientific research concerning Pet Remedy diffuser, and basically the science is flimsy, but if it doesn't harm and may help why not go for it? A bit like Infacol really :lol:

It smells like fusty clothes that have taken forever to dry. I bought the spray but haven't used it as not felt in need of much calming recently

DaphnePhoebe uses is, and some others have found it helpful. Others find the smell overpowering (so probably quite strong for the rabbit?)

I have looked into the scientific research concerning Pet Remedy diffuser, and basically the science is flimsy, but if it doesn't harm and may help why not go for it? A bit like Infacol really :lol:

I know it’s based on essential oils (including valerian) which is a strong smell. I quite like it and drink tea containing valerian when I’m doing rubbish to help me sleep but I’m not sure my new bunny would agree. I’m a qualified aromatherapist (though I no longer practice) so I am a fan of aromatherapy for myself but wouldn’t use it directly on pets. This is a bit different though and people do seem to swear by it.

I have never used it myself but I know of a few people who have and they believe that it helped a bit :)

There’s a ton of anecdotal evidence but not a lot of actual science to back it - a bit like aromatherapy really!

It smells like fusty clothes that have taken forever to dry. I bought the spray but haven't used it as not felt in need of much calming recently

That does describe valerian quite well - I prefer to think of it as herby fusty clothes!

Anyone used the battery atomiser?

I know it’s based on essential oils (including valerian) which is a strong smell. I quite like it and drink tea containing valerian when I’m doing rubbish to help me sleep but I’m not sure my new bunny would agree. I’m a qualified aromatherapist (though I no longer practice) so I am a fan of aromatherapy for myself but wouldn’t use it directly on pets. This is a bit different though and people do seem to swear by it.

There’s a ton of anecdotal evidence but not a lot of actual science to back it - a bit like aromatherapy really!

And some smells get right up my nose ! :lol:

That's exactly what I found when I researched it :)

I was going to use it to bond my quad, but didn't in the end

I use it as without it Daphne is hump crazy.

We've not had it on recently as she's been pretty good so far.

We have the plug in downstairs in the front room. It's turned on when we have guests.
We have the room sprayer in the girls bedroom - the girls don't notice the spray go off but it did keep OH awake at night as each spray would wake him up [emoji38] me on the other hand slept better with it. Now we have it on when doing work to the bathroom or when we know there will be stressful weather, long staying guests etc.

I also have the wipes which get used for the gerbil when we go on holiday. He likes them and always builds them into his nest.
I also wipe one over the girls if we're due to travel and don't want to use the spray.

We wouldn't be without the product now. I do feel it benefits my girls greatly.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I use it as without it Daphne is hump crazy.

We've not had it on recently as she's been pretty good so far.

We have the plug in downstairs in the front room. It's turned on when we have guests.
We have the room sprayer in the girls bedroom - the girls don't notice the spray go off but it did keep OH awake at night as each spray would wake him up [emoji38] me on the other hand slept better with it. Now we have it on when doing work to the bathroom or when we know there will be stressful weather, long staying guests etc.

I also have the wipes which get used for the gerbil when we go on holiday. He likes them and always builds them into his nest.
I also wipe one over the girls if we're due to travel and don't want to use the spray.

We wouldn't be without the product now. I do feel it benefits my girls greatly.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Do you think it would help an adult to sleep better?

Back