• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Struggling to find ‘cheap’ run covers

Leannean27

Alpha Buck
I have two runs, 4x4ft and 8x6ft but struggling to find covers for them. Proper covers are just too expensive so have looked at tarpaulin option but will cost me £30 for both and don’t really want to pay that much either. I did think about getting a 12x10ft one and cutting it up but I know I’ll do it wrong so rather not. Any other options or is the tarp my best option?

Have you thought about trying the plastic pvc tablecloth that you can get cut to size of the rolls in Dunelm at all? I use them and they're pretty sturdy. Just need a bit of creativity with securing them.

I've used pegs as well as just put it under one part of the lid and under another with edges weighted down with bricks. Might be possible to use an eyelet tool as well but not something I've tried.

I use bird netting, not sure how cheap it was now though, bought a large size on amazon :)

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

I use the clear reinforced tarp and just staple it on. I would buy the big one and cut it up for both runs. I can't think of anything cheaper. I bought mine off eBay and the was a lot cheaper.

The only problem with stapling stuff on is the roof sections lift up/ come off so I need to keep pulling the cover to and fro. I've had tarp before and it's not been flexible and ended up fighting with it in the wind haha but will take a look at shower curtains good idea :)

In the past I've had cheap shower curtains that have eyelets and come with the hooks and managed to hook them onto the wire.

Our main run now has a blue tarpaulin over it. I think I got it pretty cheaply from ebay. Its just secured with bungee cords and I've recently discovered that the wires you get inside the water bottles make good ties too (had a few spare):) x

I use gardening side for a lot of things. It's easily bendable and comes in handy when you have to keep removing the tarp during summer. I got it from wilko for £2.

Back