• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Scally *may* have had a stroke...At peace

One single bit of good news I have had in recent times: Scally has had an E Cuniculi test and it is negative:D so, he has orthopaedic problems of twisted spine and splayed front legs, pasteurella, cataracts, hardly any teeth... But he doesn't have EC! He had a bit of broken tooth removed a month ago and last week there was still pus in the cavity, Sam is talking about penicillin injections if there is still pus tomorrow... That is a stress I really don't need right now so I hope it's cleared up.

One single bit of good news I have had in recent times: Scally has had an E Cuniculi test and it is negative:D so, he has orthopaedic problems of twisted spine and splayed front legs, pasteurella, cataracts, hardly any teeth... But he doesn't have EC! He had a bit of broken tooth removed a month ago and last week there was still pus in the cavity, Sam is talking about penicillin injections if there is still pus tomorrow... That is a stress I really don't need right now so I hope it's cleared up.

Gosh,he has quite a medley of ailments hasn't he but I'm really pleased his EC test was negative. I get your anxiety about injecting but it does get easier. Boo still has a bit of infection in her tooth cavity which is unresponsive to 3 antibiotics, including penicillin. Fingers crossed theres no pus tomorrow

Gosh,he has quite a medley of ailments hasn't he but I'm really pleased his EC test was negative. I get your anxiety about injecting but it does get easier. Boo still has a bit of infection in her tooth cavity which is unresponsive to 3 antibiotics, including penicillin. Fingers crossed theres no pus tomorrow

Was Boo's pus ever cultured JB? I know it doesn't always show a result, but remarkable that it's not responded ...

If anyone needs some good news it is you. I hope that Scally is continuing to cope as well as possible with all of his problems. I'd love to meet him, he sounds to be a very stoic little fella :love:

I hope his check up with Sam goes well today and that he wont need to have the Pen' injections.

Sending billions of vibes for all at chez Bunny Buddy's :love:

I really hope that it’s good news today, and that you don’t need to inject him xx

Thanks to those of you who posted to send good wishes. On balance, we have decided to try Setting,(s e p t ri n,****y autocorrect!) pending getting it into him. We may have to start making decisions re his mobility soon :cry::cry:

Sending good vibes for your rabbit, BB :wave:

Thanks to those of you who posted to send good wishes. On balance, we have decided to try Setting,(s e p t ri n,****y autocorrect!) pending getting it into him. We may have to start making decisions re his mobility soon :cry::cry:

Ha ha, we can always rely on AC to get it wrong !!

I really hope that he can remain with you for as long as possible. But I know that you will always make decisions based on what is in his best interests, just as you always do for all of your Rabbits.

Sending lots more vibes xx

I’m sorry it’s not better news, sending lots of vibes that he will stay comfortable for a long time yet xx

There's been a massive deterioration in Scally about ten days ago and since then a lot of input to see if we can get him back to where he was before the deterioration .. or even a good place that's not quite as good as previously. His front legs have splayed very badly and his mobility has decreased ... he's not eating well.

I nearly let him go on Saturday but had to be sure and I wasn't then ... If he doesn't improve on Tramadol I will have to make a heartbreaking decision. ... we are not seeing that improvement.

There's been a massive deterioration in Scally about ten days ago and since then a lot of input to see if we can get him back to where he was before the deterioration .. or even a good place that's not quite as good as previously. His front legs have splayed very badly and his mobility has decreased ... he's not eating well.

I nearly let him go on Saturday but had to be sure and I wasn't then ... If he doesn't improve on Tramadol I will have to make a heartbreaking decision. ... we are not seeing that improvement.

I’m so sorry:cry: I hope he can pull through. Sending lots of vibes for him and hugs for you xx

Since we last 'spoke' a couple of days ago I have been hoping that the Tramadol would help and I am so sorry that it does not appear to be. doing so. I will be in touch elsewhere later today, I just did not want to read your post on here and not acknowledge it xx

:( I'm sorry to hear this update. I remember you rescuing Scally as I was alonside for company. What a treasure he is, you've given him some wonderful years xx

Thanks everybody. My heart is breaking.
:( I'm sorry to hear this update. I remember you rescuing Scally as I was alonside for company. What a treasure he is, you've given him some wonderful years xx

It is three years ago tomorrow. It feels like he has been here forever.

Back