• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding help

Alicia

Mama Doe
After Izzy died this afternoon I tried pairing Beans with Angus as I was concerned that Beans would be lonely. Angus has humped Beans quite a lot and they’ve just had two fights although no skin was broken.
I really need some advice I’m not sure what to do for the best. I’ve neutralised the area, swept, mopped, sprayed everything and it was a small dog crate that I introduced them in. Do you think it would be better if I got Beans a female friend instead? I’m so stressed about this I was worried he’d be unhappy alone so that’s why I paired him with Angus quickly but I don’t know what to do for the best

I’m so sorry you lost Izzy :cry: sending hugs to you xx have you watched mischief and tinkers mum bonding video? It’s of a trio bond but I think it’s very useful. It’s very early days, and if you are stressed they will pick up on it. Do you have a truly neutral place to bond them?

I will watch that today. As they’ve already had 2 fights will it be harder? I don’t know what to do for the best

Going off what I have read of your situation I would put the bonding on hold and possibly consider getting a female friend for your bereaved boy. Sorry for your loss. xx

Back